Do Not Disturb Gone! (BLT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have been in the room twice when they came by.

The first time it was about 8:45. We were getting ready to head out. Received a knock. A housekeeper that didn't speak English (at least to me) indicated with the empty trash bag that she needed to empty the trash. She came in, emptied it and left. We left about 30 minutes later.

The second morning, I posted about above. This happened

So, we are in our room. Sign up. We are dressed, killing time before our brunch reservation.

Knock knock. "Housekeeping."

I open the door, he says he wants to take trash. He drags the large bag in and proceeds to empty all of our containers into the large bag. He also empties our recycling into the bag. I mention that it is recycling. He nods and continues to do what he was doing. He finishes and walks out.

I couldn't tell you the color of his eyes. He never looked up. He never engaged me in anything. No good morning. No have a good day. No anything.

If this is security, then I am the Queen of England.

People, this isn't going to stop anyone from doing anything. This is really a joke.

Today, was a full cleaning. It was completed after we left. We didn't leave until about 10.

We are staying at Saratoga Springs. We are owners, but not at this resort.

Tomorrow might be interesting. We are planning on sleeping in. So if it is a repeat, we might be in our pj's when they knock. If so, I don't plan on letting them in.

We have been in the room twice when they came by.

The first time it was about 8:45. We were getting ready to head out. Received a knock. A housekeeper that didn't speak English (at least to me) indicated with the empty trash bag that she needed to empty the trash. She came in, emptied it and left. We left about 30 minutes later.

The second morning, I posted about above. This happened

Today, was a full cleaning. It was completed after we left. We didn't leave until about 10.

We are staying at Saratoga Springs. We are owners, but not at this resort.

Tomorrow might be interesting. We are planning on sleeping in. So if it is a repeat, we might be in our pj's when they knock. If so, I don't plan on letting them in.

Good, I really wonder what they would do if they are ignored ...

Rigging a door contact that will start playing audio from some adult film when the door is cracked open might be fun...pretty sure that'll get them to go away quickly.

Last edited:
Has anybody had a very bad experience yet where is was traumatic? I'd like to be able to put this into perspective.
Respectfully that's like trying to find someone who had a traumatic experience with dogs due to Disney's new policy and only wanting to hear from them.

It's probably better to approach this just like the dog policy thread and request for actual experiences rather than labeling it as looking for "traumatic" experiences (that would be like making a thread and only asking people to participate only if they were "traumatized" while at Disney by the dog policy).

One doesn't have to have a "traumatic" experience in order to share their experience that may contain positive, negatives, or neutral aspects to it. Nor does it invalidate someone else's experience if it contained negatives while someone else's was positive and someone else's was neutral.

I person
Respectfully that's like trying to find someone who had a traumatic experience with dogs due to Disney's new policy and only wanting to hear from them.

It's probably better to approach this just like the dog policy thread and request for actual experiences rather than labeling it as looking for "traumatic" experiences (that would be like making a thread and only asking people to participate only if they were "traumatized" while at Disney by the dog policy).

One doesn't have to have a "traumatic" experience in order to share their experience that may contain positive, negatives, or neutral aspects to it. Nor does it invalidate someone else's experience if it contained negatives while someone else's was positive and someone else's was neutral.
I agree, I'm just looking for some true experiences where the policy wasn't a good experience.I personally don't have a fear so I'm trying to understand.

I agree, I'm just looking for some true experiences where the policy wasn't a good experience.
Well there already have been experiences listed throughout this thread either the poster commented themselves or commented about a different thread or a poster commented what was being said on other forums or travel review sites where it's clear the person didn't have the best experience with the policy.

And by true what do you mean?

Well there already have been experiences listed throughout this thread either the poster commented themselves or commented about a different thread or a poster commented what was being said on other forums or travel review sites where it's clear the person didn't have the best experience with the policy.

And by true what do you mean?
there have been a lot of what if's and I wanted to see real stories. I've been reading these threads for days and Haven't seen anything solid as a real room intrusion.

And by true what do you mean?[/QUOTe
what do you mean by wondering what true is?

there have been a lot of what if's and I wanted to see real stories. I've been reading these threads for days and Haven't seen anything solid as a real room intrusion.

I understand that you don't have a problem with the policy but that doesn't mean that someone else doesn't. And a person can be upset about one aspect of the policy and yet it not be traumatic.

Originally you asked the poster if they had been put out by the new policy, they gave their experience (of which the quoted part was on page 50 of this thread written yesterday morning) and then you asked a more specific question of if someone had a "very bad experience yet where is was traumatic? I'd like to be able to put this into perspective" (what perspective were you looking for?) and now you're wanting 'true' experiences and 'real' stories and further you're narrowing the field to 'real room intrusion'.

So I guess any experiences listed either by the poster themselves, someone they know at Disney during the policy, on a different forum but posted here on this one or different thread (which I know it's honestly hard to keep track of all the stuff going on through the various threads on the same subject that part I totally get), or on travel sites is not telling a 'true' nor 'real' experience?

Again perhaps it's better to just look for experiences without framing in as "hey I want just the true and real experiences that were real room intrusions and a very bad experience that was traumatic". You certaintly don't have to agree with a poster that presents negative within their comments but it doesn't mean there hasn't been comments with negative experiences.

I don't know what to tell you but perhaps maybe re-read the thread as there are a variety of experiences listed.

I understand that you don't have a problem with the policy but that doesn't mean that someone else doesn't. And a person can be upset about one aspect of the policy and yet it not be traumatic.

Originally you asked the poster if they had been put out by the new policy, they gave their experience (of which the quoted part was on page 50 of this thread written yesterday morning) and then you asked a more specific question of if someone had a "very bad experience yet where is was traumatic? I'd like to be able to put this into perspective" (what perspective were you looking for?) and now you're wanting 'true' experiences and 'real' stories and further you're narrowing the field to 'real room intrusion'.

So I guess any experiences listed either by the poster themselves, someone they know at Disney during the policy, on a different forum but posted here on this one or different thread (which I know it's honestly hard to keep track of all the stuff going on through the various threads on the same subject that part I totally get), or on travel sites is not telling a 'true' nor 'real' experience?

Again perhaps it's better to just look for experiences without framing in as "hey I want just the true and real experiences that were real room intrusions and a very bad experience that was traumatic". You certaintly don't have to agree with a poster that presents negative within their comments but it doesn't mean there hasn't been comments with negative experiences.

I don't know what to tell you but perhaps maybe re-read the thread as there are a variety of experiences listed.
I asked a very simple question and apparently you have a problem. Not everybody here has time to read 54 pages to catch up. I have no problem with anybody here, just asking a question, a very simple question but you're making it into a battle. I won't bite. I wish you well and take your click someplace else.

I asked a very simple question and apparently you have a problem. Not everybody here has time to read 54 pages to catch up. I have no problem with anybody here, just asking a question, a very simple question but you're making it into a battle. I won't bite. I wish you well and take your click someplace else.
Apologies you did say the below (see the bolded part):

So I assumed your statement to be true (I typically assume the truth out of majority of posters and majority of situations).

Only advice I can offer is then to re-read the thread TBH.

Apologies you did say the below (see the bolded part):

So I assumed your statement to be true (I typically assume the truth out of majority of posters and majority of situations).

Only advice I can offer is then to re-read the thread TBH.
like I said I won't get into your battle, I'm just looking for a nice talk and you seem to have some kind of pathetic battle going on.

like I said I won't get into your battle, I'm just looking for a nice talk and you seem to have some kind of pathetic battle going on.
Apologies if you read it that way but that wasn't my intent. You asked for experiences I said there have been experiences in this thread but you countered that you had read through the threads and didn't find what you were looking for then told me you didn't have time to read 54 pages worth..ok..then your answer would have been you haven't had the time to read this thread through to which I would have just said to read this thread from the beginning as you would find a variety of experiences (though perhaps not the exact ones you're looking for).

Apologies that you took the comments in a way for which there wasn't intent there.

Apologies if you read it that way but that wasn't my intent. You asked for experiences I said there have been experiences in this thread but you countered that you had read through the threads and didn't find what you were looking for then told me you didn't have time to read 54 pages worth..ok..then your answer would have been you haven't had the time to read this thread through to which I would have just said to read this thread from the beginning as you would find a variety of experiences (though perhaps not the exact ones you're looking for).

Apologies that you took the comments in a way for which there wasn't intent there.
I read it exactly as you meant it. I was commenting and you attacked. I wish to no longer converse with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter