Do we get magic bands when we make a reservation but don't buy park tickets?

waltdisney1901

Earning My Ears
So I reserved a DVC resort for a short trip August but not planning on going to the parks. Will we get magic bands or do we have to buy our own?

Go to MDE and choose one. I don't know how things may have changed with what is going on now, but when we went in March we chose the ones we wanted, one of which we paid extra for, and they arrived within a couple of weeks. Usually they took a lot longer.

If you don't do anything, they will have some at the front desk, but they will be gray.

Go to MDE and choose one. I don't know how things may have changed with what is going on now, but when we went in March we chose the ones we wanted, one of which we paid extra for, and they arrived within a couple of weeks. Usually they took a lot longer.

If you don't do anything, they will have some at the front desk, but they will be gray.

At BWV I'm usually offered whatever color I want. At least on my last 3 trips - November 2019, Jan and Feb 2020.

I've taken to ignoring fast passes, dining reservations and signing up for magic bands so if I arrive without or can't find it in the car, they offer me one.

Sometimes I'll make an advance dining reservation when I have family but usually they handle their own stuff. Mostly I wait until I'm there and if I get hungry I check out what is available. Haven't gone hungry yet, but I don't advise this strategy for people who actually care where they eat.

We have a reservation booked for next March. I tried choosing our magicbands last night in my DVC online account, but it appears they've disabled that for the moment. I'm unsure when they'll bring it back. I'll just keep checking every so often until I'm able to choose and order them.

We have a reservation booked for next March. I tried choosing our magicbands last night in my DVC online account, but it appears they've disabled that for the moment. I'm unsure when they'll bring it back. I'll just keep checking every so often until I'm able to choose and order them.

Aren’t DVC resorts opening in less than two weeks? Doesn’t seem right that this would be disabled. For the solid colored ones, I mean, not the fancy ones you pay for.

Yep, most of them will open on the 22nd. I tried choosing the bands again tonight and it's letting me order them now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter