Do we really want Eagle Pines? Another Golf area?

MisterDisney said:
Just giving my opinion here...

The last thing I want to see is a DVC resort having anything resembling/close to a golf course. It just seems when there are possibilities of Villas at the Cotemporary and Animal Kingdom, etc , with very rich themes/history/LOCATION, why would they build near a golf course? <I think of caddyshack> Esp. when OKW is right near a golf course.

In fact, I think having golf courses on Disney property is a severe waste of valuable property (sorry golfers!), I mean seriously, cant someone build a golf course anywhere??? I can see maybe one golf course, but doesnt Disney have 3 golf courses on property already? Does is make them that much money? Isnt DIsney running out of room as it is?
Many of you have seen me post the negatives of the large resorts that may have less interest for the general DVC population than BCV, BWV and VWL. I bet many assumed that meant I was against such options. The truth is that is doesn't matter to me as long as there is a home resort window, I would truly care less. The only thing more large, out of the way resorts will do is create increased competition for BWV, BCV and VWL (to a lessor degree HH summer and VB high season) issues which don't affect me at all. It will affect those who buy one place with the idea of using at the above resorts most of the time.

Even though I am not a golfer, the published info and concepts for EP was far more appealing to me than SSR was or is. I think part of the negatives to me for SSR are a result of trying to fit it into the existing structure and organization on that property as well as it's general location. And to be honest, EP would be somewhat more appealing than a CR DVC would be though I know I'm in the minority. One good thing continued resorts and sales will do is protect the investment the present members. And they do give options as well, even if lessor ones for many.

I personally have no interest in staying at Eagle Pines as it is proposed. To me it has no draw. What is the attraction? Golf course views? I'm not interested. DH is a big time golfer. He spends enough time on the course he doesn't need to view it from the room too! The "Spanish, Moorish, Romanesque and Gothic" forms of architecture? Not my style. I really like my vacation surrounding to have architecture that I enjoy and find inspiring. This often infuences my vacation choices, that's one reason I love disney resorts and bought DVC. I just don't care for this style, others may. So from my point of view, if I never want to stay there and EP owners would only make it harder for me to stay at resorts I do like, then I don't really want it to happen. But that's just me. :blush: YMMV

PS. I have conflicting feelings about a CR DVC. I would love the location but the building... well, cement grey is not inspiring.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter