do you cry at Disney?

Seems a lot of people here fall victim to Wishes, but to me it was always Spectromagic played during the MSEP. I think they've since changed the music to the parade, but darn if it didn't get me every time.

LOVED the original spectromagic song. It's actually the sound my alarm makes every morning. I was so sad when it got changed. The new one to me is just techy and not as magical.

Not outright cry, but I did get a tear or two in my eyes when we saw the Magic Kingdom opening show our first year.

I didn't even know the show existed. It was such a surprise, and so incredible to have our family there, that it spontaneously choked me up. A feeling I won't ever forget. I remember feeling so blessed at that moment.

Dan

I'm an old softie, but whenever I see Tinkerbell fly before Wishes it usually gets me pretty good. Just something about it, the anticipation, and then there she is!!!

On my most recent trip in January, I cried...

...when I walked into the lobby of POR (my first on-site stay), because it was beautiful and amazing and we almost didn't make it there. Our flight that morning was canceled in the middle of the night and they couldn't rebook us until three days later, so I stayed up for hours on the phone with JetBlue, refreshing the flight schedules and availability until all three people in my party were on a flight to Tampa. We had to rent a car to drive from Tampa to Orlando, and on the way we found out JetBlue had canceled all remaining flights for the next two days. We had just barely gotten there. At check-in, the CM gave me a friendly hello and I lost it.

...arriving at MK after checking in and seeing the garden Mickey. It was my partner's first time at WDW and we were really there.

...at Celebrate the Magic and Wishes. Every time.

...at the Crystal Palace, of all places. My friend and I decided to surprise my partner with his first character meal. We were so nervous he wouldn't be into it, but you should've seen the look on his face when he noticed Eeyore and Tigger making the rounds at each table. Like he was a kid again. The pic I took of him with Eeyore is the happiest I've ever seen him.

...at the American Adventure.

...at IllumiNations.

...at Hall of Presidents.

...like a million other times.

Yup, just reading through these make me a little teary eyed. The last time my husband and I went to Disney I bought a little onesie, and told my husband someday we will have a little baby who will wear it. In 18 days we get to take that little baby ( he's two now ) on his first Disney vacation. I get emotional just planning our trip. I'm sure I will cry several times!

No, only when I'm upset or sad - never at Disney - that's when I laugh and giggle a lot like a child!! Every familiar sound makes me laugh - get so excited, can hardly contain myself! :)

This thread is making me feel so much better about my teary-eyed status at WDW! I can't get through Wishes without shedding a few tears. Same goes for Beauty and the Beast, MPM, One Man One Dream and Fantastmic! And let's not forget the film they play on the way to the airport on the ME: "M-I-C... See ya real soon!" Gets me every time!

EDIT: I almost forgot about COP!

The ongoing joke in my family when we watch the planning video is to see how long it takes before I start crying. The commercials do it for me, too. I cried several times during our last trip. The opening show at MK and both arriving and leaving on DME did it for me - ugly cry. Thank goodness for sunglasses!

I cry every time I go! I've even given DH a heads up about it for when we go on our first trip together in February 2015. The thing that gets me the worst though is Mickey's PhilharMagic for some reason. I think it's the nostalgia.

During Wishes, especially when I think about seeing Disney fireworks for the first time. It was my first visit to Disney World, and I was in elementary school. We arrived at the camp ground on the night of July 4th. We could see the fireworks from across the lake. It was huge and the mot beautiful thing I had ever seen. I was in awe and maybe teared up then, even as a child. No other fireworks display can compare, except of course Wishes.

I get a little misty during any really strong emotion. I definitely get teary when I'm excited/happy or feeling particularly maternal toward my kids. That definitely happens at Disney- and especially on our last (big) trip for our anniversary in June. The last time was probably the Frozen Sing Along that we went to on Aug 10th (day trip now that we are APs). All those little kids (including mine) just so happy and singing/dancing got me! :hug:

At the end of Illuminations. Every. Single. Time.

Sometimes at the end of Fantasmic.

Always when we say goodbye to our hotel, doubly so if we're at Pop.

On the Magic Express, when we cross out of Walt Disney World into "the real world." I cry my eyes out like somebody told me my dog died. Without fail.

The only thing I've gotten better at is not being so obvious about it. Don't talk, look out the window, sneeze beforehand so people think it's allergies. Then let the waterworks flow.

I also may have cried when we met Anna and Elsa, but I had good reason. It was after the Enchanted 10k, I was sore, tired, and it was a relief to finally get in. But more importantly, my son is in love with Elsa. He insists they're getting married. When he saw her, he froze up, blushed, and wouldn't talk to her he was so shy... Which is something that had never, ever, ever, EVER happened to my son, before or since. It was funny, because she invited him to her castle to build snowmen and drink cocoa, he looked at her, said "Ok, sounds good" grabbed her hand and went to go out the door. Nevermind the 8 hours worth of people behind us, he just was ready to go. LoL!

10001454_703926772974551_1113367247_n.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter