Do you ever go back to the College you went to?

Do you ever go back to your College?

• Total voters

tvguy

Question anything the facts don't support.
Went to an event last night at the University I graduated from 45 years ago. A friend I graduated with was there and said it was the first time he had been on campus is about 30 years. He still lives in the same town and never moved away, just never had a reason to go on campus. I live 50 miles away I had been on campus every few years until my son started College there.
Do you ever go back to your College?

I went to a community college in my town. I have gone back multiple times and have taken additional classes. Would have gotten a second degree but they changed the general ed requirements and I had no desire to take additional English classes. I got a certificate for that major instead. Good enough for me.

the university-never. the community colleges-multiple times. post grad i wanted to take some professional coursework in my field and saw my co-workers paying a small fortune for 'professional' classes (long hours/multiple weekends) that were taught with the identical curriculum by the identical u.c professors at my nearby community colleges a few hours per night a couple of nights per week for 1/20th the cost.

I can think of three times after I moved farther afield. Once for a 10 year reunion homecoming event, once at about 15 years to visit and update my professional portfolio in my department at the school, and once at about 25 years to take my son and a few other kids for a high school honor band weekend. I only live about an hour away, but it's not in an area I go to unless it's specifically to go there.

Since I graduated early I did continue to live with my roommates in an apartment near campus and obviously went there a lot throughout that Spring. If you add that in, I went a lot after graduation! I also lived pretty close the first few years and sang in an alumni choir that met on campus.

Maybe now that we're retired, we'll go by sometime just because we can!

I have never been back to the schools where I got my undergrad or master degree.

Yes. I used to stop by for lunch a lot. Subsequently, my kids learned to love it and felt comfortable there. Both wound up going there, too, so I was on campus for parent stuff and my son played ball there so I was there for games a lot. I was last there a few months ago for something, I can’t remember what!

I live in the same town, and occasionally drive through campus. Our kids have also had various activities on campus (our oldest two had graduation in the basketball arena). Oldest DD did a residency softball camp and stayed in the same dorm I was in Freshman and Sophomore years. Man those rooms are small!

No I don't see any reason to and I wish they would stop sending me stuff about giving them money.

I don't feel they really did anything for me, I've actually made less money since getting my degree since I was already in the industry. Sadly I knew more about things than the teachers when it came to the current technology. They were way behind what the world was using and not even talking about the web. One of my teachers was still a Cobol programmer so everything was in that context.

I went back for my 10th year reunion (a few years back ;) ) It was near Chicago so we still just refer to it as our Chicago trip. I will always love Chicago but doubt I will ever go back.

I do watch the Midway camera of jets leaving which is quite entertaining. :)

Seeing as that I completed my Bachelors and both Masters on-line, there was really no campus to go back to.

I haven't been to the college I attended since my graduation day. I get the pamphlets of pleas for alumni donations which give me a little laugh for a second before immediately going into the shredder.

I have been on campus many times. My husband worked on campus for 29 years so we were there all the time. My oldest daughter also attended the same school. As an aside we do donate to all the colleges that the children attended and to the college where we attended.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter