• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you ever go to a tanning place ?

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
sometimes, usually before a vacation . I did so today and ohhh, i need my back scratched, lol

About 5-10 times a year, before summer or vacations to warm places.

Tanning bed salons are illegal here in Australia so I have a spray tan probably once every 2yrs. My Dad has stage 4 melanoma- which although is not hereditary, our family is even more vigilant about sunscreen usage.

When I was young, yes. I'm the odd redhead that tans. Then I started to have issues and next thing you know I've had several places removed and the inch and a half scars to p Rove it. Scared the shell out of me, now I wear sunscreen all year long and don't care how pale I look!

Never.
I don't even like to be tan.
I prefer fair skin because I remind myself of Snow White.
Also my dad has had some skin cancer removed (he's a farmer).
And my niece got melanoma at age 5 after a "birth mark" turned into a mole and mutated into cancer.

Nope. I'm fairly pale, so I use about a bottle of sunless tanner every week. It makes me look sun kissed without the skin cancer risk. And I always use sunscreen.

I did twice back in '05 because my sister, her family and a lot of family friends were all "doing" it for our April cruise. After 2 times of being sardined in one of those coffin looking things with very little on, very very scary in itself, I called it quits.

So......went on the cruise pretty much white as a ghost; sunscreened like nuts so I wouldn't risk being sunburned; and came back white as a ghost. :)

I used to. I would say 1. there is no such thing a too much lotion 2. make sure you ask if they're newer and/or turbo beds if so do a shorter session 3 I would do Day1:10mins Day2:no tan Day3:10min Day 4 no tan, Day 5: 15mins slowly like that never going over 25mins for lay down. If its stand up just do 5-7 mins per session, lave a day at least between sessions. Tingle lotions are not good for new tanners.

I did, back in 1991 when I was 24. I LOVED it!! I did 10 sessions or whatever it was back then to get a bit tanned before vacation. When I was 30 I had melanoma removed from my lower leg. I was left with a massive scar and was lucky that I didn't need a skin graph. But, even if I didn't have the skin cancer, I can't imagine doing it nowadays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter