Do you ever miss your family when you go solo?

JanetRose

...what was the meaning of the big white glove?
I'm going on my 2nd solo trip tomorrow - I took one two years ago and missed my teenage daughter very much.

I'm going to try again for four nights. She is in school right now and doesn't want to go again anyway. How can I stop from becoming sad after I get to WDW?

Gotta admit I don't miss my family when I go. Sometimes I feel guilty that I don't miss them. However, I always stay at a seperate hotel from any one my family likes. No one in my family's ever stayed at the BCV, except me. And since DH llikes Biergarten alot and a few other places, I deliberately avoid those-there are so many great places to eat at Disney that I've never had a problem avoiding a few. And I always go to WDW at a different time of year than DH and I have gone (we've never been around Christmas together, but I've gone solo then several times). It'll be interesting to see if that changes next year-I'm going to the F&G festival without DH-he and I have gone together several times.

Mother kepts inviting herself along on my solo trips.

this year she was surpose to be there for 4 days - then i was taking her home.

Last week she decided to stay the entire 2 weeks.....

Anyway I put up with her because she is 82 and I don't think she will be able to travel much longer. (I drive - don't fly)

the only one I miss is my kitten, Spicey, therefore he generally goes with me....Stays at FW kennel if the hotel/resort/timeshare does not allow cats. Stays in the room with us if it does.

I like the peace and quiet of solo trips - no one to ask (constantly) why I am reading and why we aren't going some place????

I definitely miss my nieces and nephews when I'm on a solo trip. At least a few times each trip, I'll think, "I wish Catie was here" or "Matt would love this." I wouldn't say it puts a damper on my trip, but I do miss them.

Karen

I wouldn't say I miss them to the point it affects my trip or anything, but I would think of something funny to say or laugh at or I'd see something and think "Oh gosh, my mom would LOVE this"..

:earsboy: :cool: I do miss my family but I gotta visit my Disney Family too:wave: Like Scrappymags I do find myself saying"Boy my nieces or nephews or Mom would love this" But then reality hits and I am back to enjoying my trip solo again where I can do as I please at my own pace::MickeyMo

I'll let you know in January!! I'll be leavin for my first ever solo trip 7 weeks from today!

I'm excited and know I'll enjoy being able to just take my time and not have to worry about watching the clock because I need to be somewhere or meet up with someone.

However, I'm sure I'll also do the, "DD would LOVE this", "I remember when DS and I did this", etc. etc. etc.!!

I'll just have to keep a very detailed journal, take lots of pictures, call home often, and hopefully they will sit still and listen while I go on and on and on when I get home!

Debbie:earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter