Do you follow the Mediterranean diet or ever attempted to?

I have not officially tried it, but have been wanting to for a while. I like the concept and I like many of the things on the diet like fish, nuts, olive oil, veggies etc. I keep meaning to pick up a book at the library so I can learn about it more in depth.

We try to follow it as much as we can for both health reasons and the fact that we love the foods it entails. I only cook with olive oil or avocado oil, we have fruits and veggies with almost every meal and we are trying to incorporate more fish and less red meat into our diets. I also love a glass of red wine a couple nights a week. We also really don’t eat processed foods much. We may have a frozen pizza every now and then but other than that we make most of our meals fresh.

Part of why I like the Mediterranean diet is the fact that meals can be super simple to prepare as well as taste delicious. Quick and easy is always nice.

My doctor recommends the Mediterranean Diet for overall health. If your goal is weight loss, you still have to watch your calorie intake (as with any eating plan). I tend to follow many of the Mediterranean principles (lots of produce, very little red meat, fish at least twice a week, mostly whole foods).

For health reasons, I've been incorporating some of it into my diet and also trying to eat low glycemic foods as well. With the dietary changes and regular exercise, I've lost 20 lbs. since March and have improved my good cholesterol, lowered triglycerides and lowered my A1C a bit. I still have more adjustments to make and am meeting with a nutritionist next week.

I guess I never think about it being an actual diet, but this is how we eat. Fish at least twice a week, lots of fresh produce, olive oil, lots of home made fresh food. My mom was born in Italy and this is how she and my grandparents cooked. My husband was also raised in an Italian household, so I guess we never really think about it.

Wasn't sustainable for my body due to food allergies/intolerances. Glad I went on it though because I was able to narrow down the offending foods that were wrecking my body. Turns out for years and years of being told I was lactose intolerant turned out to be a gluten intolerance instead.

I have wanted to try it. I just haven’t taken the plunge yet. I am pretty much just trying to maintain my weight at this point. I am not actively trying to lose.

I like anything that will help with inflammation. I noticed a very noticeable reduction in joint pain when I was on a non-inflammatory diet. Good for my husband as well, less about joint pain, more about heart health for him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter