• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Do you go alone because you have

I just got back from a family trip 3 days ago. I missed doing some things because we got a late start to the parks every day. I am the
type person that likes to get as much as I can
done in the parks. This trip was not as much
fun as usual and that is why I am planning to
hit the world again. I have never gone solo,
but am strongly considering it the next time.
Solo sounds like fun if I can get past the
slight fear of going alone. I am thinking
about Feb. if I can schedule the time off at
work. I think I would like going solo so I can
do what I want when I want. LOL

HI Mustangdi,

In respect to going solo, alot of us had the same initial fears as you are probably having. Once you get on your first ride alone, and also having that first meal alone you will be all set.

When it comes to meals some people prefer food courts over restaraunts (sp) for just that reason. The cm's always can tell when someone is solo and they will spend more time with you. If you enjoy having your pictures taken with the charactors, just have the CM take the picture for you. They are all more then happy to do these things.

As for the rides...well guess what..the cms are always looking for solo riders so when they ask, jump right up, because this will avoid you from having to wait longer then others.

My favorite solo resorts are turning out to be the allstars because I have met so many other solo travelers. Keep in mind that we are all the same....we are hooked on the mouse and his little lady.

I have come to the conclusion that I would rather meet people at Disney then having them come down with me. It is just so nice to meet people that have the same hobbies as ourselves then feeling like you are dragging someone around with you that would prefer to be somewhere else.

If you have any specific questions please feel free to ask me. I enjoy telling others about my experiences with Disney and Solo trips. I only been to Disney 8 times, but 4 of those were solo.

Solo traveling to Disney has got to be the best kept secret.

Have fun....

20 more days until I'm back at the world.....

I totally love the magic both solo (by choice) and with others.....as some have already implied, the more people you have to "factor in" to the planning, the more compromised the experience becomes (having to meet the needs of the group). I love visiting with my family (especially sharing the experience with my little nephews and nieces) but also enjoy being able to just "get up and go" on my own.... however I experience it....I'M A DISNEY LOVER!

Hi love the magic,

I'm just wondering if your counter is referring to the cruise ship, and if so is this your first trip?

I've always wondered about taking a cruise solo, but that's
a completely different topic.

thanks,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter