Do you have a bathroom (or bathrooms) with two sinks?

Do you have a bathroom (or bathrooms) with two sinks?

• Total voters
Yes, we do. I didn't realize how convenient it would be to have them until we had them. Now I don't think I'd want to go back to a single.

We have two sinks in the master but they are in separate areas of the bathroom, he has his vanity and I have mine. I have no desire to share a sink or vanity with him!! When we travel it drives me nuts because his stuff is piled all over the sink!

No, only one sink in each bathroom. This house was built in 1969 and a double sink vanity was rare at the time. And there is no space to install one. Somehow I've survived almost 30 years here without a double sink.

Yes we have dual sinks (wasn't this a thread topic a few months ago or so?). In the middle is a built-in shelf system with each sink flanking that and framed mirrors above each sink.

Our master bathroom is def. big enough to have two people and that would be incredibly inefficient for us to only have 1 person in it at any given time (plus the master closet is only accessible from the bathroom). When we had a smaller bathroom in our rental house that had dual sinks yeah it was a bit harder to maneuver plus the toilet was in the bathroom with no separation (so yes if you had to actually use the toilet no we didn't want another person in the bathroom with us lol). Our master bathroom in our house we have now the toilet has a door.

When we bought our house, the master bath had one sink and a very long counter with an area where another sink was to be put, but the person building the house never put it in. Twenty years later, we still only have the one sink. I don't see a need for another sink and I like having the counter space. DH and I don't really get ready at at the same time in the morning, and if we do, we make it work. We have other bathrooms but don't really use them just for the sink. Our 2 DDs share a bathroom with 1 sink. Also not a problem. I grew up in a one bathroom house with 5 people. Somehow, that was never a problem either.

We built this house 22 yrs ago, and this was an absolute must! Our master bath has a bathtub/shower, another shower, 2 sinks, and the toilet is in its own little room. With 2 people working, I was envisioning us both needing to get ready at the same time. I would not buy a house that either didn't have the 2 sinks, or at least room to have them installed.

No, only one sink in each bathroom. This house was built in 1969 and a double sink vanity was rare at the time. And there is no space to install one. Somehow I've survived almost 30 years here without a double sink.
My parents house was built in 1960 and the double sinks were in the bathroom shared by the two bedrooms, and that bathroom was probably three times as big as the master bath. It had the two sinks, and a tub/shower combo. The master bath literally just had room for the stall shower, single sink and toilet. The master bath had 2 doors, one into the master bedroom, one into the laundry room which had the back door. The people I sold it to shrunk the laundry room to one third of it's size and took out the back door. They took one third of what had been the laundry room, punched a door into the master bedroom and made it a walk in closet, and then the last one third was used to expand the master bath. Other than replace the fixtures and sinks and painting the cabinets, they left the second bathroom basically as it was built.

I voted "yes, but we rarely need two sinks" because while we do have double sinks in two of the bathrooms, we would not miss them if we didn't have them. DS only uses one of his sinks. DH and I each claimed a sink in our bath because they are in two separate vanities on opposite sides of the bathroom, so we each use our own, but we would have been fine with just one. We're rarely in the bathroom at the same time. It's more having my own counter space that I like.

We only have one. We have 2 and a half bathrooms. I don’t see the need for 2 besides an extra to clean.

We recently downsized to a townhouse. Many of the newer ones we looked at had double sinks, usually in the master bathroom. We always thought it would be nice to have them (the house we just sold had single sinks and very little counter space). We ended up buying a place that was built in 1974 and both bathrooms have single sinks but tons of counter space. Our realtor said we could easily add sinks in each bathroom, but we actually like them the way they are. DH and I are rarely getting ready at the same time, and I can't imagine our adult boys ever being in the bathroom together. It's also easier to keep one sink clean. We might eventually remodel the master bathroom, but I think we'll keep it with one sink.

Nope, and I never have, and yet we have always survived somehow. ;) (My last remark is based on how often I view listings or watch shows where people make it sound like the second sink is as necessary as oxygen. ;) )

I don't really want to have someone else in the bathroom while I'm getting ready, so I'd rather get up a bit earlier and have the darn room to myself, no matter how many sinks there are. :)

We have a double sink in our Master and could do without it. Our schedules are such that we’re never getting ready at the same time. Even on the rare occasions where we’re getting ready to go to dinner or out we still get ready separately.

The kids bathroom has a double sink as well. Those do get used at the same time frequently since they get ready for school and go to bed at the same time. My plan is to eventually make those two separate sinks/vanities with a shelf divider in between.

Single sinks in our two bathrooms. I still don’t understand the point of having two. Of course, I’m very much a one person at a time kind of person.

My DH is very weird about only one person at a time being in the bathroom (God forbid you should need something from the bathroom while he is in the shower). I think though, that if we had 2 sinks, we would still have his and hers and only use or own even though we would never be in there at the same time.

We're visiting at my childhood home right now with two sinks in the kid's bathroom. I immediately dumped all my stuff in the sink we never use and we both just brushed our teeth, spitting into the same sink. We use second sink sink AS counter space!

In our master we have 2 sinks that are both used - husband has his side, I have mine. Then the kids (3 of them) all have their own ensuites so they all use theirs. Then there are sinks in the 2 powder rooms that also get used.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter