• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you have a favorite happy hour spot?

I'm not much of a drinker. I wouldn't normally get an alcoholic drink at a restaurant. Since it's a vacation, I may like to drink some fun cocktails. I was thinking about heading to the reimagined Grand Floridian bar, but the reviews from that are not super positive considering the prices. Somewhere quiet where I can chill for a bit would be nice, but I'm interested in hearing your favorites even if they don't fit that description.
My favorite spot isn't reopen yet, it's the Belle Vue Lounge at the Boardwalk Inn. (Edit - just saw it is reopening tomorrow) I've never been to Abracadabar nearby but I have heard they have creative drinks. I might still be tempted to try the Enchanted Rose at GF just to see the place (haven't made it there yet). If you include parks, Nomad Lounge at AK is great.

Last edited:
Trader Sam’s at Poly is lots of fun...but not quiet...I enjoyed the enchanted rose (grand Floridia) is a nice spot that is more quiet. The bar at Wilderness lodge had an amazing fondue....and I love the bar at Cali Grill....my other faves are Scat Cats Club at PoFq...i am still exploring resorts so I am sure there are other fun stops...I really want to check out the bar at CBR on my next trip. It gets great reviews

I like the top of world lounge at BLT - but I think it is only open to DVC member and those staying at BLT. It is on the roof so great views of the MK. if you outside.

also like the WL it was definitely quiet and if you are a single female you don't hit as often there as other lounges.

We did like the Enchanted Rose. It's expensive, but they have a lot of really interesting cocktails.
If Trader Sam's reopens it's a must do. If not, grab a lapu lapu at the Tambu Lounge.
The Abracadabar on the Boardwalk is a nice spot for a break. I love the decor in there. Get the Abra fries! They're like crack.
Nomad Lounge at AK is another must.
Jock Lindsey's has good drinks and snacks. The charcuterie pretzel is a favorite.

I am likely showing my age but to me happy hour means drink specials? Do the parks or onsite resorts have drink specials? If they do I need to find out where. Anything to lower the overall vacation budget :earsboy:

I am likely showing my age but to me happy hour means drink specials? Do the parks or onsite resorts have drink specials? If they do I need to find out where. Anything to lower the overall vacation budget :earsboy:
A few years ago at least, the outside bar at Raglan Rd at DS had Guinness pints for $5 during the afternoon M-F. I may have spent a few hours there, ordered some food from the restaurant also. I think if you are looking for happy hour specials, Disney Springs or offsite restaurants would be your best bet!

https://orlandodatenightguide.com/2019/10/disney-springs-happy-hours/

House of Blues had happy hour specials. Jock Lindsey's might, too.

In the Parks, Nomad Lounge. The outdoor patio is amazing for catching the characters go by in boats, and the water view is really lovely and peaceful. The drinks are really good and the nosh is pretty good as well. I'm not a fan of churros in general, but the ones there are really delish.

Outside the parks would be Geyser Point. It's super low-key, the servers are really great and the open air bar looking out on the water is lovely. Great place to catch the Electric Water Pageant in the evenings. The food is good and comes quickly.

Wine Bar George is another great place for drinks. They have a nice balcony that looks over the docks. They have boozy frozen Dole whips that are currently my favorite treat in Disney! lol.

So there used to be a LOT more happy hour options, but during covid they seem to have gotten rid of a bunch. There are some decent happy hour specials in Disney Springs though!

Geyser Point is my favorite place for an afternoon drink. Open-air views and easy to get to from MK! We always find room at the bar for seating - plus they have good food as well.
Geyser Point sounds great. Can a non WL guest enter and, are reservations necessary (or even accepted)?

On my solo trip last December, I bought an adult beverage outside at the pool bar at Grand Floridian (less expensive than the inside lounge). I carried my drink inside and sat on a comfy chair in the beautiful lobby, enjoying the quiet ambience. It is even better when they have someone playing the grand piano! Hope they hire back the Grand Floridian orchestra!!!

Traveling solo I spend a fair amount of time in the various bars - the bar menu is usually much better value than the regular menu since you are not dealing with the Dining Plan

I tend to stick to Universal now but I do miss these places:

Trader Sam's - one of my favorite bars anywhere - always a good time and tend to make friends with the people around you
Tambu Lounge - always need a Lapu Lapu
The outdoor Patio at the Brown Derby - nice place to drink and people watch
The bar at 50's Prime Time Café (was way more fun than I expected) they can add alcohol to shakes as well btw
The Wave - nice craft beer selection and reasonable prices
Blue Zoo - great drinks and food - service is average at the bar
Kimonos - always a good time
AbracadaBAR - lot of fun and really good bar tenders

BTW - I think Paging Mister Morrow on youTube covered a lot of the happy hour options at Disney Springs a few weeks back - he does seems to enjoy a drink or too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter