Do You Have A Go-To Lunch?

On days I work, I eat leftovers or a salami and muenster cheese sandwich with rye bread. If I forget my leftovers or don't have time for a sandwich, I always have a packet of oatmeal in my purse. :laughing:

If I'm home, I just eat whatever is available and easy. LOL Usually cheese and crackers...if tacos are on a option, then it's always tacos. :laughing:

I read these threads and wonder how obesity can be the problem it is if everyone is eating like this.

I think lunch is often people's healthiest meal of the day if you are at work. You have to plan it, the amount is limited to what you brought, you have a limited time, other people might notice what you are eating, etc. I've always found it a really good meal to get in several servings of veggies and keep the calorie count low. However, that doesn't mean you are eating as reasonably the rest of the time. (Sometimes being at work means I have to counteract all the goodies people bring in as well!)

No protein or fat? I’d be starving! Rice and veggies is actually one of my favorite meals but I need butter and/or some cheese with it to sustain me or someone would get hurt right about an hour later. 😂

On the side topic, I eat small throughout the day. Rarely any toppings or sides with lunch or breakfast but I do have two-three small snacks during my day. I’ve tried having larger meals and skipping snacks but I crash and burn when I do. Dinner is my biggest meal but still small compared to everyone else in the house and then I have small snack later. We do get fast food/delivery once a week. DH and older DD eat out more often due to their hours but not daily.

Brown rice and many veggies have plenty of protein.

No protein or fat? I’d be starving! Rice and veggies is actually one of my favorite meals but I need butter and/or some cheese with it to sustain me or someone would get hurt right about an hour later. 😂

On the side topic, I eat small throughout the day. Rarely any toppings or sides with lunch or breakfast but I do have two-three small snacks during my day. I’ve tried having larger meals and skipping snacks but I crash and burn when I do. Dinner is my biggest meal but still small compared to everyone else in the house and then I have small snack later. We do get fast food/delivery once a week. DH and older DD eat out more often due to their hours but not daily.
I do add some sween n sour sauce. I am only 2 weeks into this, hopefully it will make me lose weight.

Brown rice and many veggies have plenty of protein.
5 grams in one cup of brown rice. Technically 1/2 a cup is a serving. Not nearly enough for me.
I do add some sween n sour sauce. I am only 2 weeks into this, hopefully it will make me lose weight.
Well, it’s definitely a low calorie meal so yeah, if you can sustain that you’ll lose. If you’re starving because that’s all you’ve eaten (you haven’t said) you could be prone to over eating later. Just something to keep in mind.

Winter I’ve been making soup and freezing in individual containers for lunch. Add fruit and granola bar.
If not soup leftovers or a sandwich

5 grams in one cup of brown rice. Technically 1/2 a cup is a serving. Not nearly enough for me.

Well, it’s definitely a low calorie meal so yeah, if you can sustain that you’ll lose. If you’re starving because that’s all you’ve eaten (you haven’t said) you could be prone to over eating later. Just something to keep in mind.
People do not need a ton of protein in their meals. It’s a huge misconception. All foods have protein. https://www.pcrm.org/news/blog/where-do-you-get-your-protein

Interesting that someone who is eating brown rice and veggies for lunch is being singled out as someone who may not be eating enough or starving herself. 🙄

Same thing for over a year for me...handful of tortilla chips, some melted cheese on top, topped with an entire avocado (really fills you up in a good way), and some fruit on the side. By 11:00, I start to crave lunch, but usually make it until noon and with the avocado, I usually can make it until 6:30 for dinner.

I order Jimmy John's every single day except Sunday. Always the same thing. Turkey Tom on sliced wheat, extra turkey, oil and vinegar, mayo, lettuce and oregano. It never gets old.

Unfortunately no. I get bored, tired of things too easily and then won't eat it for awhile.

I am looking forward to SOUP weather. I make a big pot of soup and then eat it for lunch/dinner for 2 - 3 days until it is gone. Then make a different type and the cycle continues.

People do not need a ton of protein in their meals. It’s a huge misconception. All foods have protein. https://www.pcrm.org/news/blog/where-do-you-get-your-protein

Interesting that someone who is eating brown rice and veggies for lunch is being singled out as someone who may not be eating enough or starving herself. 🙄
Not sure why you are looking to pick a fight with me. In all posts I’ve said FOR ME. About 8 grams of protein in a meal would not be enough FOR ME.

And I am not accusing anyone of starving themselves or not eating enough. I’m saying *if* she is hungry only eating that (as *I* would be) to be careful because it could backfire. No hidden agenda here.

Ok well along that line of thinking I would be careful of thinking butter and cheese was a good idea since they are high in unhealthy fats and cholesterol and that could also backfire. If it were me that fat would go straight to my stomach and thighs.

Ok well along that line of thinking I would be careful of thinking butter and cheese was a good idea since they are high in unhealthy fats and cholesterol and that could also backfire. If it were me that fat would go straight to my stomach and thighs.
I’m an “all things in moderation” kind of girl. It’s worked out alright for me. I’m going into year 10 of maintenance after an 89lb loss and am pretty healthy.

You’re reading way more into my posts than what I’ve written. I’m not advising anyone on what to eat. Simply stated what has worked for me. Kathryn said she was hoping to lose weight I told her if she gets too hungry it could backfire. That comes from experience. That’s it. No ulterior motive.

Not sure why you are looking to pick a fight with me. In all posts I’ve said FOR ME. About 8 grams of protein in a meal would not be enough FOR ME.

And I am not accusing anyone of starving themselves or not eating enough. I’m saying *if* she is hungry only eating that (as *I* would be) to be careful because it could backfire. No hidden agenda here.

but you don’t know her. And you are not her doctor. And this post was what is YOUR go to lunch. No other opinions are necessary.

Winter I’ve been making soup and freezing in individual containers for lunch. Add fruit and granola bar.
If not soup leftovers or a sandwich

I've been in the mood to start making soups/stews/etc, but the weather's been too dang hot. That changes tomorrow so I'll get started.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter