Do you have a manual or electric toothbrush?

I use the Oral B electric the most.

I have a Sonicare in the downstairs bathroom I will use if I am down there. I do keep manual toothbrushes on hand though. For travel I have one of those aaa battery operated sonicare toothbrushes.

I use the Oral B electric the most.

I have a Sonicare in the downstairs bathroom I will use if I am down there. I do keep manual toothbrushes on hand though. For travel I have one of those aaa battery operated sonicare toothbrushes.

Have both of what you mentioned (Sonicare). Our daughter gifted us with Sonicare Diamond toothbrushes a few years ago and mine started failing recently. I did not want to go buy a brand new one so my husband decided to try to fix it himself. He ordered a battery off Amazon and took the toothbrush apart and put in the new battery. A bit more complicated than just switching out a regular battery but so far, so good. Seems to be working again but it does not show the light when charging. We will see how it goes.

I recently bought the battery operated Sonicare toothbrushes at Kohl's when they were on sale recently for $20. I will now bring those for travel instead of our regular ones which are on the heavy side.

We have found a huge difference since starting with the Sonicare toothbrushes. Even our dentist mentioned our teeth were better with less plaque.

Have both of what you mentioned (Sonicare). Our daughter gifted us with Sonicare Diamond toothbrushes a few years ago and mine started failing recently. I did not want to go buy a brand new one so my husband decided to try to fix it himself. He ordered a battery off Amazon and took the toothbrush apart and put in the new battery. A bit more complicated than just switching out a regular battery but so far, so good. Seems to be working again but it does not show the light when charging. We will see how it goes.

I recently bought the battery operated Sonicare toothbrushes at Kohl's when they were on sale recently for $20. I will now bring those for travel instead of our regular ones which are on the heavy side.

We have found a huge difference since starting with the Sonicare toothbrushes. Even our dentist mentioned our teeth were better with less plaque.
The problem I found with the AAA battery Sonicare toothbrush is the replacement brush heads. It seems that the cheap Amazon replacement heads that match the color (at least the one I have Coral) fit poorly.... I got a package of them pretty cheap but I gotta be careful or it will come off. That is not the fault of Philips, it is just that I was wanting to pay half of what they charge for the brush heads. It is not a serious problem, just an annoyance.

I do miss my old standby, the Oral B Soft 40. That was a classic one that was around for years, and the only change I remember was the indicator feature with a dye that supposedly faded down to indicate wear. They were a local Bay Area company that eventually sold off the P&G.

They still sell something like it, but marketed for cleaning dentures with two heads.

The problem I found with the AAA battery Sonicare toothbrush is the replacement brush heads. It seems that the cheap Amazon replacement heads that match the color (at least the one I have Coral) fit poorly.... I got a package of them pretty cheap but I gotta be careful or it will come off. That is not the fault of Philips, it is just that I was wanting to pay half of what they charge for the brush heads. It is not a serious problem, just an annoyance.

Just got the battery ones for a recent trip so didn't have to change the heads yet but I will definitely keep that in mind!!

MJ

I just had to buy a new electric toothbrush. I think it has been at least 50 years since I switched to an electric toothbrush.....except I travel with a manual brush.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter