Do you have a ride/show you try to do first every trip?

I'm sure most people wouldn't consider it the first thing they need to do but..

We stumbled upon this by accident back on our first trip in 2011. We had arrived at MK, we had no direction, no clue what we were doing, and ended up in Tomorrowland. It was hot, and we were tired since we'd bee up since 4 am. We ended up walking into Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor because it was there.

Seeing my son's (5 at the time) face light up when Mike came out and throughout the show, just kind of gave me this feeling of happiness that you rarely get these days. When we went back in 2013, now with our youngest in tow, we did the same thing. With the exception of one trip, we've always made Laugh Floor our first stop on arrival day. Coincidentally, the one trip we did not (we went to Epcot the first day since we were staying at BWV), the trip, while fantastic, felt like it was missing something.

The only "first"ritual we have is eating at Ohana our first night.

First day - MK to Castle for a pic, then Pirates, HM, then whatever else we feel like doing. We do the same thing on the last day.

Every trip, we go straight from airport/check in (depending on room availability) to Epcot and ride Spaceship Earth. Every trip, except once and that was the worst trip I had ever been on. Coincidence? I think not.

Matt

Not really, and certainly not any more. FP and then FP+ eliminated the need to seek out the most popular attractions first. A few years ago, right after FP+ was implemented (but before staying at the Swan/Dolphin qualified you for advanced FP+ booking), my daughter and I went into Epcot, made our same day FPs at the International Gateway entrance, and then headed over to Innoventions to ride Sum of All Thrills. It didn't open right away, and there was no line to get into. So the very first thing we did that day was take the guided tour of the House of the Future. Needless to say, we were the only 2 people in the tour, and I would venture to guess that we were among the .00001% of all Epcot guests who ever hit up the House of the Future as their Rope Drop attraction. :goodvibes

I'm so upset that they got rid of Sum of All Thrills!! We did it last year and I'm so glad we got to do it before it was gone.

Oddly enough, when we went to Epcot last year our first ride was Living with the Land. :p It was what the Unofficial Guide book said to do and it actually wasn't bad to be the only people on it. I wouldn't have wanted to wait in line to get on. At MK we always RD Seven Dwarves. We were the second people on when we went this year and that was fun. Then we walked straight over to Peter Pan. I will say that my husband and I have a special place for Carousel of Progress. Neither of us knew what it was, but we came out of the theater having a new favorite!

We don't have a first ride but we have a first meal. My 10yo has to do CM first. We also have to start and end pur trip in MK. We always at a Mk resort but this year we tried BC. I wanted to start at epcot for obvious reasons and my 13yo was so upset. He went on and on about tradition and how MK is always the 1st park so we ended up going to MK. I love that they value our family traditions.

I think I kind of have a weird one but it has a special meaning. My Disneymoon last year was my first ever trip to Disney World and pretty much my wife's first trip too. Epcot was our first park and our first ride was The Three Caballeros. So yes my first ride ever at Disney World was The Three Caballeros and that will forever be a special ride for us! Now we plan that to be our first ride on all of our upcoming trips!

How about you?

We typically start and end our trip at MK. Most of the time we ride Pirates as our first ride of the trip and Space Mountain as the last ride of the trip.

Splash Mountain.

It doesn't always work out that way, sometimes MK isn't our first park but in an ideal world...

We always do MK on our first day and last day so it's always Pirates for us, lol. We happened upon it on our first trip and it was our first ride. Now we do it first and most of the time, we also do it last, followed by a Dole Whip on our last night, lol.

I prefer to go to MK first. The first glimpse of the castle is just amazing!

This year, though, we are getting there in time to go to a park for the first evening. We are doing Epcot since it is the 2nd to last day of Food & Wine and we want to spend some time doing that! Can't wait!

We normally stay at Beach/Yacht Club and the last 3 trips Spaceship Earth has been our first ride on our arrival day.

This trip we are staying at Polynesian and our first fast pass on arrival day is Jungle Cruise at 7:00 pm. But...if travel times work out, we may take the monorail over to Epcot and try to do Spaceship Earth standby during the afternoon to keep up tradition! :)

Our tradition is walking down Main Street. My incredibly special time with my now teen Diser's. They feel the same way. Over the years we have found that it works best if me and the kids go down early and "go hard" in the parks. DH comes down a few days later - he is not a big Dis fan. But..that first day walk down Main Street is for me and my "babies." I was there in January on an unexpected solo trip and I couldn't do MK or AK. MK because they weren't with me to do the "walk" and AK because I couldn't do new stuff without my guys. Heading out November!! Woohoo!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter