Do You Have To Request ...

Daxx

<font color=red>I can tie a knot in a cherry stem
...your towels to be folded like animals? On our last WDW vacation, I expected to walk into our room to find these cute things ... and every day, we found our towels in the bathroom. No special folding. Do you have to ask for this? We always stay in AS Sports, so maybe they don't do it there?! Can anyone help!?

I have never had towels folded into animals. I think it just depends on your maid. (Some of them are probably craft impaired like me!) These men and women are on a fairly tight schedule and if they have a lot of rooms to do they probably don't have time to fold towels!

No, it's not really something you request. It's just something your mousekeeper may or may not due.

We've never had it when we've stayed onsite, but then again we've never had kids with use either.

I think we had a couple at our first stay at the Beach Club in 1999, but none since. Not even at the Grand Floridian. If you really want towel animals, I'd suggest a cruise. We got a spectacular something every night, and it's an excuse to go on a cruise! Diana

As the others have posted, some housekeepers know how to make them, others don't. It's not something you get automatically, if the housekeeper knows how to make one and has a few moments, they will. I think in all the trips to WDw we've only goten them a couple times. On the cruise we got them every night!!

Anne

See signature, below. We've stayed mostly in moderates, sometimes in value and deluxe. We have NEVER had towel animals - except on the Disney Cruise.

I don't think this is that common at the resorts. Don't expect it.

We thought everyone got towel animals at the Poly. We called Housekeeping because our plumbing had a little problem and I politely asked why we weren't getting towel animals. She said...no problem, if you want them! We had wonderful towel animals every day after...which my 5 year old really enjoyed! We also tipped that day...so maybe that helped also?

DW and I got towel animals nearly every trip we have taken to WL. It's just the two of us and we have never asked for them. We have stayed at WL several times. We have either been lucky or the mousekeepers at WL make more towel creatures than other people.

I don't know if it makes any difference or not, but we tip mousekeeping each day.

We got towel animals at POFQ and at CR but not at AKL or Poly.
We tipped at all places. I guess it just depends on how busy they are when you are there and if your mousekeeper knows how to make them.

They are always a fun surprise...!

my dd takes her disney beanies (some of them :-)! & mousekeeping did the most marvelous things with them every day

We have never gotten towel animals, but at both ASMO, and WL, our purchases were set up by mousekeeping in different settings!
With the TV on, and remote in Minnies hand! Our 7 dwarfs were once set up looking out the window. But I also hoped for towel animals! Thought it would happen at Wl-- but no!

"Do You Have To Request ... your towels to be folded like animals?"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It couldn't hurt to ask. My fiance' and I, (who are child-free), stayed at POFQ last July and got animal towels on our first day.:D
But no, we didn't ask. (Of course, we didn't even know Disney's housekeeping did stuff like that so we were unexpectedly surprised!)

Diznee25

Two adults, traveling without kids, and we got towel animals at ASMO, ASMU and CSR.

We tip too...

We've gotten towel animals at every stay at WDW. We've been to the CBR, WL, and the Poly. Every time we went back to the room there was an entire scene set up with new animals and they looked so cute! I know you shouldn't expect them but seeing how we get them every time my dd may be a little disappointed if we didn't. I don't think you can call and request them though. Think of them as a bonus!

We never got towel animals before our last stay at WL during Christmas. There we got them every day. It got to be an adventure just to come back to the room to see what our mousekeeper had created that day! Some days it was just a towel animal, sometimes she'd create these really cute scenes with them. On New Year's Eve she had all the animals she had created during our stay along with stuffed toys we had purchased gathered in the bathroom having a New Year's Eve party...toilet paper strung everywhere! It was really funny.

I think they're more plentiful at WL. I did happen to notice that there was a stack of "pre-made" towel animal parts on a housekeeping cart when we walked by one time. I always thought they just made them while they were in the room, but apparently they make them up in advance so they'll have them ready. I do know that our mousekeeper at WL was the best we've ever experienced at WDW even without the towel animals!

So, we've accomplished the towel animal quest......Still waiting for that elusive comp upgrade.;)

We've stayed at quite a few of the Disney resorts but only had towel animals at the Yacht Club. However, many times the mousekeepers have arranged my sons toys and made cute scenes with our souvenirs. :) Which I think is just as good. :)

Tipping definitely helps I think. We always tip in the morning and for the turndown service. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter