Do you move your lips when you read to yourself?

Wishydoo

<font color=blue>Gets buzzed from Arizona Green Te
I once heard that this is not a "smart" thing to do.

I never used to move my lips when I read silently to myself, but lately, I do it all the time! I'm doing it now as I am spell checking this.
Egads! I am even saying the words out loud to myself in a faint whisper.

Do you move your lips when you read to yourself?

The students I am with do it as well. My daughter does as well.

Nope. I read a lot - a paperback every day or so...or I did before I started visiting the DISboard!

No, I don't. But I remember my Grandpa did. He was an avid reader of western paperbacks.

Nope, but some of the younger kids I tutor do. I know my nephew does -- he was taught to read phonetically, so he's always sounding out the words as he reads them.

Only when I'm editing......it's like I have to hear it aloud to catch the mistakes!!:rolleyes: :teeth:

No, but I can't stand it when I'm talking aloud to others and they're moving their lips to match what I'M saying!

Also, when I act in community theatre, sometimes I see "silent" characters, moving their lips while others are saying THEIR lines!

WEIRD!

My boyfriend just pointed out that while I don't move my lips when I'm reading English, I move my lips and occasionally whisper a word when I'm reading French.

I had never noticed that before, but it's true!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter