Do you remember e-nights?

I loved them!!!!! Perosnally I'd be happy to pay $25.00 a person if they brought them back. You could do so much when the park was empty at night. :thumbsup2

I've never had a problem with pm EMH in particular, but I do remember very much enjoying the E-Ride Nights!! Now, I definitely wish for them to come back since we won't be staying on property this time around.

we got to do e-nights our first trip to Disney - and how amazing that was!!

We'll NEVER see that again - the parks were so empty - why wont we see it?

MNSSHP, etc they're packing people in at $50 bucks a pop! and the parks are crowded! So not worth $50 when I compare it to our time of e'nights

e-nights so spoiled me!!

Hi Diane,

Just to respectfully correct your post: the Character Caravan replaced what used to be called "Surprise Mornings," which was the forerunner of morning EMH.

The Character Caravan premiered not long after the September 11 attacks, when attendance was very low. The Character Caravan ended in September 2002.
Duh!!! Evidently, I've surpressed a bunch of stuff...seem to want to just forget that period of time. You are absolutely right.

MK was actually eerie during e-nights...it was so empty. I remember walking from the Haunted Mansion to Splash and it was so dark and spooky!

Please, Please Disney bring them back! Those were some of the best memories. With so few people it really did feel magical.

Those were some sweet times! Around the same time as the old Food and Fun plan...ahh the memories!

Finally!! Someone else who remembers the Food&Fun Card!! :cool1:

Between that, E-Ticket Night and Length of Stay Passes ... well, we love every minute we are at Disney but our vacations will never be the same as when we had all three of those to enjoy!! (The fact that we have now added 3 small children to our travel group might have something to do with it, too! ;) )

It must have depended on when you went because I remember them quite differently. Almost $13 each for 3 hours of 20+ minute waits for the entire 3 hours since no one was leaving early because they paid for it. We did it twice with the same result.

It must have depended on when you went because I remember them quite differently. Almost $13 each for 3 hours of 20+ minute waits for the entire 3 hours since no one was leaving early because they paid for it. We did it twice with the same result.

Towards the end they seemed to be more crowded - especially in Tomorrowland, but there was always a 5000 person limit.

There was 1 night we were the ONLY people at HM. It actually was a little creepy!

Actually, I think E-ticket night was first called E-ticket Express - that's the way I have it listed on my November 1997 itinerary. I remember the MK being virtually empty and we had quite a great time. Found this on another website that verifies my memory:

"Magic Kingdom E-Ride Nights (formerly E-Ticket Express) is a special program that takes place on selected nights at The Magic Kingdom".

Here's an article from December 26, 1997 - "Disney bringing back the `Big E'"

http://tampabay.bizjournals.com/orlando/stories/1997/12/29/story1.html?q=e-ticket express disney

and another from Jan. 2, 1998

http://tampabay.bizjournals.com/tampabay/stories/1998/01/05/story7.html

We also took advatange of "EE" - early entry at most of the parks. I'm not sure, but I think Early Entry was the precursor of Suprise Mornings. According to my itinerary - EE was offered at Epcot on Monday and Friday, MK on Tuesday and Saturday, and MGM on Sunday and Thursday

From my trip report:

Monday 11/25/97

Dragged ourselves out of our slumber, took showers, called home, and prepared for the evening. As it was kind of chilly we put on jeans, sweatshirts, and jackets. It felt very strange putting long pants on! Our priority seating at Crystal Palace was from 6:15 p.m. and we really had to hustle to make it. Parked at the Poly and again, tried to ignore the ever increasing Christmas decorations. Rode the monorail and stopped outside of City Hall to turn in our E-ticket express cards for wristbands. Didn’t we think we were hot stuff! Proceeded up Main Street to the Crystal Palace and waited about 5 minutes to be seated. As with Trails End I was somewhat disappointed in the buffet here. Our previous buffet experiences were at the Cape May Café and Chef Mickey’s which were both excellent. We’ll be going back to those next trip. The kid’s filled up on Macaroni and Cheese, and I don’t remember what I ate- not much. But we did take advantage of the wonderful deserts. We were visited by Tigger and Eeyore, but never did get to see Pooh. Also, right by our seats there was large area of window space that was covered up like it was being renovated. I think we would have enjoyed the Crystal Palace more during the day with the sun shining in and everything. Maybe we’ll try it for Breakfast some time. After eating we rode Pirates of the Caribbean with no wait and the Jungle Cruise. We had never done the Jungle Cruise at night. It’s pretty neat, but our group was not appreciative of the lame jokes. We walked over to Frontierland and watched part of Spectromagic, and then hung out until the fireworks started. This is a great place to see the Fireworks from. And we even saw Tinkerbell! The kids played checkers by the shooting gallery while I bummed around in the shops. Even though it was not officially E-ticket time, we went over and rode Splash Mountain with no wait. We got stuck going up the track right before the big drop, and they turned the light on for few minutes. I was just about to take some pictures when boom, the ride started up again. We were in the rear with people in front of us, so decided not to get the picture this time. We wanted one with just the three of us in it. Daniel got pretty wet, but I had put my coat up over my head and stayed dry. Next we went on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad riding in the rear car, and then, we did it again! Back to Splash Mountain for our solo trip. I think I actually heard Catherine singing along. Catherine gets extremely embarrassed when I sing or make a fuss on any of the attractions! Cath and I sat in the very back, with Daniel in front of us. Dan and I had our hands high in the air, and Cath while holding on had a big smile on her face. In our picture from 1996, Catherine looks scared umm…senseless. So, we decided this was the picture for us. When we went to the pick-up area, we were the only ones there, and Jace, the CM, asked Daniel if he wanted to help out. Dan and Cath both went behind the counter, and Dan helped cut the picture and put it in the frame. He then stapled the receipt to the number card, and had to call out our name to pick up our picture. Jace made him do it again, because he wasn’t loud enough the first time! Jace assured Daniel that he would have a job in the future if he needed one. He then gave us the extra picture free of charge. Ahhh, Disney magic. I was really glad that Daniel got to do something special, as I think he felt a bit left out after Catherine got to do her Hunchback thing! Special thanks to Jace! We then proceeded to the Haunted Mansion. It was entertaining as always, but there was no special effort by the CMs as others had reported at other E-ticket evenings. Oh well, no big deal. We skipped the Country Bear Christmas Special, since we’ll probably see it next year. Stopped for popcorn and soda and got three 25th anniversary lithographs. Oh boy, now we have 5! Made our way over to Tomorrowland and rode the left side of Space Mountain, then went on the right side. On the second trip, Catherine actually asked to sit up front! Woohoo! The kids went on one more time while I rested and chatted with another weary mom. We got autographs and pictures with Goofy, Pluto, Minnie and Mickey in their space outfits. They were also in Frontierland in their Western outfits, but we had managed to miss them. We went on Alien Encounter and sat in the very first row. I really have come to enjoy this attraction. It was close to midnight and we were dragging big time, so off we went to the monorail, picked up our car and drove back to ASM.

I so remember that! We had the best time on my trip in '99 riding Splash Mt. about 6 times with no wait.

Ahhh... that would be so nice.

Actually, there were characters there on E-nights. I'll never forget the night when Chip & Dale rode the elevator with us to ride the rockets. My girls' eyes were big as saucers on the elevator! :lmao:

There were so few people during E-night that characters would just wander around and pretty much play with the people there....very cool!:cloud9:

Totally!!! My kids got SO many cool character pictures (and play time) with them, then!

Towards the end they seemed to be more crowded - especially in Tomorrowland, but there was always a 5000 person limit.

There was 1 night we were the ONLY people at HM. It actually was a little creepy!

Bingo! Initially there was NO ONE there - as the years went on, they got more crowded (as the word got out)

I never got to do E nights but this brings back memories of growing up in Southern California around Disnleyland. Back when you used the alphabetical tickets for the rides, remember those? My dad (retired now) was Navy and sometimes (not very often, like maybe once a year) they would close the park and only allow military and their dependents in at night (maybe after hours - I was just a kid then so my memory isn't clear) and you paid one price and got to ride everything! The tickets were super cheap, like a few dollars. This would have been pre-1968. Anybody remember this?

I think I must have gone about 2002....

My friend and I rode Splash 6 times (a few w/o waiting) and then found the magicalness that was BTMRR 6 times in a ROW (9 total)

LOVED IT!

I :love: E-ride nights!

The last time we did it was in September 2001. They were the BEST!

Since this is more of a memory than trip planning, I'm going to move this over to the theme parks community board.

I miss e-ticket nights, too, though. THey were a lot of fun.

DH and I were just talking about how great e-nights were about a week ago. Oh what a great time tha was!

Oh well, I guess I'm one of the few that didn't care for it. Perhaps we hit a bad night but we were there in June 2002 and Space Mtn broke down so we couldn't do that, it was very crowded, there didn't seem to be much in the line of food or there was some problem with the machines and you couldn't charge to the room key or something (?), and it was $60 bucks to go.

Personally, I'm glad it's a perk for on-site guests, includes all the parks and there is no cost especially since we still won't be riding Space Mtn.

I remember literally running through the park unimpeded to squeeze out one last SM ride, after riding BTM...and I always remember thinking the park was REALLY dark, it probably wasnt any darker then normal, but the lack of people just made me think it was

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter