• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you repeatedly request certain cast members on Disney cruising/vacations to service you?

disneyworldsk

DIS Veteran
On this week's podcast there was an interesting discussion how some frequent Disney vacationers seek out past cast members. They had positive experiences with that person and request him/her/they for dining services or other needs. Or like Kathy seek out your old favorite ones on a cruise to say hello to. She even referred to one like a sister who is on castaway key. Do you all do that or you had a nice experience with one and say your goodbyes and never see them again? Do you become attached to your servers or other cast members and on another vacation seek them out ? It was interesting how many of our podcast friends did and some never even thought to do that.

The only person I ever requested on subsequent visits was Rogerio at the Flying Fish Cafe. When my sisters and I took our mother to Disney for her 75th birthday he made her feel like a princess. To this day she will still talk about him. After that first visit I sent a letter to Disney about his wonderful service and when I saw him on my next visit to the FF he told me how they read the letter at one of their team meetings.

I was so glad that I was able to let him know what an impact he made on my mother's trip and always requested him after that. Unfortunately, he passed away when the restaurant closed for refurbishment a few years ago.

We haven’t bonded with any of our DCL servers, but we did form a special relationship with a CM on the fantasy our first cruise named Raf. He was so amazing to our family and my kids just loved him! Before our second cruise I asked around on Facebook and he had moved to the Dream so we were disappointed we wouldn’t see him again. But we got a wonderful surprise when he ended up back on the fantasy for our sailing! He decorated our door to surprise the kids, always came to find us when we were doing crafts and would bring bags of craft supplies when we missed out on one so the kids could do them later, and he gave the kids a bunch of DCL swag and wrote us the sweetest note on our last night!

Also on our second cruise my daughter really loved one of the character handlers named Nicole who we saw a lot throughout the week so on our last night we walked all over the ship looking for her so my daughter could tell her goodbye.

No, I didn't know that was a thing.
I also had to double check my notes because a server on the Dream was raved about. I had the same server on a different sailing and my experience wasn't as magical. I mean he was a good server, but he was also very pushy about that survey on the last day and was a little testy with me when I wanted to order a second entree. I liked my assistant server much better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter