Do you use the busses or drive?

I am pretty sure it is free to park if you are a resort guest... not positive but pretty sure.

Not to question your knowledge RvUsa, could someone else tell me if resort guests have to pay for parking? Just making sure.

If you stay onsite at one of the hotels or campground. You can park for free at all Disney attractions. We drive all the time. We hate the buses.

All Disney resort guests get free parking, except for Shades of Green.

Disney transport only for us. Once we arrive and unhook our truck it never moves again until we leave. We love riding the buses, etc. Not is a hurry to go any place and have never really waited more than 5-10 min. Having someone else drive us around takes the hassle out of fighting traffic and parking lots to us. :goodvibes

I travel solo most of the time and just wing-it with the schedule, so I can change parks on a whim. That probably makes the transportation a little easier for me. With my memory I'd probably have trouble remembering which park I left my truck at anyway. With the busses, boats and monorails I don't have to go back to somewhere to find it. At Epcot it would be even more difficult when I may enter at one gate and leave thruogh the other. I also will often take the boat to MK or CR and hop the monorails to Epcot. I guess I look at the transportation as part of the fun while I am there - just park the truck and forget it unless I need to leave the property. After all - I will be driving it for 17 or 18 hours each way just to get there and back so its nice to let someone else drive - remember, I am on vacation.

Exactly like us except we're a family of 3. We wing-it too and choose the busses for everywhere except MK and Downtown Disney (only because we do a lot of shopping and need a place for package storage during the day).

We do a lot of park hopping and driving is just too stressful and too much like work...we like the cool busses and relaxing between parks.

We do both. Usually we just use Disney transportation. This past year we drove. And it was a pretty good experience. My son was 4. It was nice to get into our car quickly and drive right to the cabin. But he also enjoyed riding the bus!!!! So next time, we will do both. When I didn't have my son, we would enjoy a few adult beverages so using the Disney system was a must.

Like several others have recommended, drive everywhere but MK. We've experimented with both driving and riding the boat. Because driving only takes you as far as the TTS and then you switch to the monorail, the boat is the same time. Best part: the boat is more of a "ride" than the bus.

HINT: Get out your map of the World before you go to your park destination. Disney's signs to parks keep you going the way THEY want you to go--not necessarily the shortest route.

Where do you find driving maps to all of the parks? Are they available online somewhere?

Since we fly into Sanford,we have to rent a car. We took the boat to the Magic Kingdom and the Contemporary to eat. We drove to the rest of the parks. We just like having the freedom to come and go. Our last visit we shopped at Wynn Dixie before checking in then didn't leave the Disney grounds for the whole week! Hope this helps!

the bus is for people long on time and short on money.

It depends on the time of year you're there! We always take the buses and never have a wait. The buses are faster than trying to find the car in those huge parking lots.

We always use Disney transportation. We use the boat for MK and the busses for the rest. Our last trip (Jan.08) was pretty horrible as they were changing all of the bus routes. The worst wait was for internal busses to get to the settlement or outpost and for a bus to leave AK.:scared1: I don't know what we will do in August, we might try one day of driving just to see how it is. I can't imagine that driving, parking and waiting for a tram at the park(then doing it in reverse at closing) is quicker in general than getting on a bus. I would think that it depends on the crowds and if you are on a bus with a wheelchair or two. Then, it does take all day but that is okay, I am always thankful that I am able-bodied and respect those that are not and their desire to enjoy life. After all, I am on vacation and ready to slow down!:thumbsup2

the bus is for people long on time and short on money.

Didn't you already say that? Doesn't make much sense to me!

I have already said that. It makes sense. I hate being on someone elses schedule, so before we lived in FL, I would always rent a car.

I too like to drive and be in control of my own destiny, which BTW drives my better half CRAZY! He drives the speed limit but IS the best driver in the world and I am his exact opposite. At Disney, I just want to be chauffeured and I can't afford a limo(so I must be long on time and short on money!:confused3 )so I take the redneck's version of being driven around. I take full advantage of all the perks of staying on property and try to save money as much as possible. We park the truck and try not to move it until it is time to go! I just don't think(not sure though) that driving is really all that faster. At least you get taken to the "door" of the parks. When you drive, you still have to walk to a tram stop, wait on it and do the same again(possibly in bad weather). If I had a little one, I would probably drive, but we don't:banana: and WON'T :scared1: ever have another one of those!

Whenever we go to P.I. or DTD, we take the bus. Parking is too crazy there, or DH & I have had too many kungalooshes to drive back to FtW!

When we go to the parks, we ususally drive so we can park hop with ease.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter