Does a chicken pass still exist?

MickeyWaffles

DIS Veteran
Years and years ago, shortly after Test Track opened, my sister chickened out when she got to the front of the line.

The CM gave her a certificate which gave her the ability to come back on a future trip with up to 8 people. The certificate served as a FP (but was not a FP) and had language on it specific to not being ready to ride but that when she was ready she could skip the line. Sure enough, on her next trip she was ready and we used it.

Does WDW still do anything like this for kids who wait in line but chicken out at the front? This was the only ride she ever waited for and chickened out on so just curious. Was this standard or extra pixie dust?

She will have the option not to ride by just walking through the car and getting out the other side of the car but there isn't a return pass issued.

She will have the option not to ride by just walking through the car and getting out the other side of the car but there isn't a return pass issued.

Oh, she wouldn't need it. I was more just curious if they offered something like we received years ago to people anymore, and if it was a regular occurence or more like pixie dust when it happened to us. It was such a surprise to us to receive it at the time. Sounds like they don't do it anymore!

I've heard of them offering something similar to kids who just miss the height requirement, but not for someone who chickens out. It would probably be too easy to fake in an attempt to get the rest of the group on again.

We still have one for ToT from our 1st trip in Nov 2012. My (then) too short daughter broke down in tears when she was told she was too short to ride and the CM gave her a card, the same size as a paper FP, that said something like "you're cordially invited to return when you are tall enough." I think it was good for 4 people. I have it in a scrapbook somewhere.

I've heard of them offering something similar to kids who just miss the height requirement, but not for someone who chickens out. It would probably be too easy to fake in an attempt to get the rest of the group on again.

THIS^

DS and DD got them at Splash Mountain. They got a beautiful color certificate (kept a color copy somewhere). Then they went to black/white. I haven't seen them in years. FastPass kind of resolved this issue so maybe why I haven't seen in years.

I have never seen what OP is talking about. I agree, bring on the abuse if they have it now.

pLsUCpRZ1XzOuF_vJd7G0v__w761Rxf08cdFpIWlTxw.jpg

Totally agree. My little sister was 7 years old at the time and sobbing because she waited for about an hour and then was too scared to ride. She was so upset with herself. I'm assuming they saved the thing we received for kids who were terrified and didn't give them to everyone who chickened out.

THIS^

DS and DD got them at Splash Mountain. They got a beautiful color certificate (kept a color copy somewhere). Then they went to black/white. I haven't seen them in years. FastPass kind of resolved this issue so maybe why I haven't seen in years.

I have never seen what OP is talking about. I agree, bring on the abuse if they have it now.

pLsUCpRZ1XzOuF_vJd7G0v__w761Rxf08cdFpIWlTxw.jpg

My sister's was similar to this but didn't have the height information (if I remember right) and had a spot to fill in the size of your party.

My sister was about 7 and had a total meltdown at the front of the line after waiting about an hour. She was so upset that she was chickening out. I'm guessing they didn't give out what we received to everyone who chickened out. I'm guessing the more dramatic situations resulted in these :)

Totally agree. My little sister was 7 years old at the time and sobbing because she waited for about an hour and then was too scared to ride. She was so upset with herself. I'm assuming they saved the thing we received for kids who were terrified and didn't give them to everyone who chickened out.

My sister's was similar to this but didn't have the height information (if I remember right) and had a spot to fill in the size of your party.

OH, so she was a small child. How old is she now (gives us time reference when you got it)?

Not all certificates looked the same, our SM didn't even look like those I posted. I don't remember any "chicken" certificates, just future rider one.

OH, so she was a small child. How old is she now (gives us time reference when you got it)?

Not all certificates looked the same, our SM didn't even look like those I posted. I don't remember any "chicken" certificates, just future rider one.

I so wish we made a copy of the certificate like you did!

Yeah, she was a kid when she got it. I believe this was our spring break 2000 trip. TT was new to us because it was the first time we waited for it - it had to have been open for a year or a little less. She would have actually been 8.

I so wish we made a copy of the certificate like you did!

Yeah, she was a kid when she got it. I believe this was our spring break 2000 trip. TT was new to us because it was the first time we waited for it - it had to have been open for a year or a little less. She would have actually been 8.

That one I posted, wasn't ours.
I just went and looked and surprisingly knew right where ours was.
This was ours.

20885212_10155088393664102_1319994233_n.jpg

That one I posted, wasn't ours.
I just went and looked and surprisingly knew right where ours was.
This was ours.

View attachment 262214
That's great! Not sure they do anything like that at all now. Our first trip in 2014, DS was 4. CM at end of line for EE measured him and said ok. Got to the front of the line, the CM scoffed and said 'He's not even close.' DS broke down in tears, he was so upset. Took some retail therapy in EE gift shop while family rode EE. To this day, he asks "are you sure I'm tall enough?" before we go on any bigger coasters.

That's great! Not sure they do anything like that at all now. Our first trip in 2014, DS was 4. CM at end of line for EE measured him and said ok. Got to the front of the line, the CM scoffed and said 'He's not even close.' DS broke down in tears, he was so upset. Took some retail therapy in EE gift shop while family rode EE. To this day, he asks "are you sure I'm tall enough?" before we go on any bigger coasters.

I haven't seen them in years. FastPass and Child Swap helped these situations. Front line CM should have caught it for you.

When we got it we didn't enter the front of the line, they sent two of us to the end of line via gift shop to do the swap (same thing with Space, Dinosaur, BTM ...). It was at the end of the line they made this certificate for the kids. Since they don't handle it that way, I imagine the certificates stopped.

On a somewhat related note, can children who are too short to ride still wait in the line with you and then use the chicken exit before boarding the ride? We're going with a group of 9 in a few weeks. Two adults won't ride certain rides, which are also the rides the kids will be too short for. We'd like to all wait together, and then have the four of them use the "chicken" exit together. Is this doable? Or will they not allow the kids to enter the queue at all?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter