Does anyone else care?

Don’t need the leis, but agree on everything else! I don’t think they’re glaring faults, but as you said they definitely can be improved as you described, and Aulani would be better for it. And I’m grateful you didn’t bring up the elevator buttons!
And I love the Ama Ama location as well. I’m hoping they’ll change the menu when we’re back there in January.

Don’t need the leis, but agree on everything else! I don’t think they’re glaring faults, but as you said they definitely can be improved as you described, and Aulani would be better for it. And I’m grateful you didn’t bring up the elevator buttons!
I haven’t experienced it personally - so I can’t speak to it. That said, any lack of elevator maintenance isn’t great imho.

Nobody says you have to complain.

But to the extent you could restrain yourself from mocking others that have issues while they spend 6 figures on a week at a property where, to put it mildly, they have issues with maintenance it would be productive.

You're right, no one says you have to complain about minor issues.

I wasn't trying to mock, maybe insert some humor into issues that seemed to be blown way out of proportion on the whole of the resort, as someone who has also spent 5 figures on a week at Aulani (Prior to joining DVC), I think I can do the same? Or does it only go one way? I’m pretty sure you meant 5 figures a week, not 6. Anyone here spending $100,000 a week at Aulani?
I’ve been traveling internationally (non-Disney) and using my points at WDW - but as a DVC Aulani owner I continue to watch with interest. I will probably be back to Hawaii in the next year or so and will try Ama Ama b/c I love the location.

Hmm, I think we could both agree it would be good to bring back breakfast and/or lunch at Ama Ama? Maybe not be so stringent about the use of spa facilities to a paltry one hour? Bring back at least the water at greeting? Get rid of all the prix fixe options? Broaden Aunties availability and age restrictions? Leis?

I'd also agree about Breakfast/Lunch at Ama Ama and the buffett at Makahiki (although I do enjoy the current breakfast menu).

As an owner who travels to Aulani twice a year, I'll make sure to keep an extra eye open for problems!

Last edited:

There’s no reason there can’t be a nice sit-down breakfast spot where you don’t have to endure characters and pay $60 to enjoy.
Two other options In the meantime. La Hiki over the at the Four Seasons just brought back their breakfast buffet, in addition to their big brunch on Sundays. I think it’s $50 pp. It’s pretty good. They also have breakfast at Off The Hook now but we haven’t tried it.

Two other options In the meantime. La Hiki over the at the Four Seasons just brought back their breakfast buffet, in addition to their big brunch on Sundays. I think it’s $50 pp. It’s pretty good. They also have breakfast at Off The Hook now but we haven’t tried it.
Right, I know about those. But I don’t need to have a $50 breakfast - at a different hot. And isn’t Off the Hook a quick serve at breakfast?

Ulu has some decent breakfast options, I know it's not exactly sit-down, more of a grab and go. The Portuguese sausage flatbread is really good. Longhis also is pretty good, and it's not horribly expensive. Most of the Brunch items are $25 or less.

Ulu has some decent breakfast options, I know it's not exactly sit-down, more of a grab and go. The Portuguese sausage flatbread is really good. Longhis also is pretty good, and it's not horribly expensive. Most of the Brunch items are $25 or less.
We love the açaí bowl at the Marriott‘s grab and go, near Longhi’s.

We’ve been going to Aulani on the hotel side for years now. We recently bought DVC points and had our first stay here, and did not get the room we booked! We booked the hotel room and were given a DVC studio. It was not fun sleeping on that old sofa bed with a child. We were told they couldn’t move us because they were sold out for the 4th of July and the room was an “upgrade” in points. Member Services said we should have made a bigger deal and asked for the manager and not just asked the front desk (multiple times). Great service.

We’re going back in October and they said they would add a note to our reservation! Arghhh. The rest of our stay was wonderful. My kids had so much fun and there were a lot of chairs and parking available. Somehow it was less crowded than October???

Hmm, I think we could both agree it would be good to bring back breakfast and/or lunch at Ama Ama? Maybe not be so stringent about the use of spa facilities to a paltry one hour? Bring back at least the water at greeting? Get rid of all the prix fixe options? Broaden Aunties availability and age restrictions? Leis?

yes, yes, yes, yes!

Valid points. No, Off The Hook is sit down.
The photos I’ve seen of the Off The Hook breakfasts show the meals being served in take out containers, so I figured it was quick service for breakfast. I’d love for it to be table service though or at the very least have the entrees served up on proper plates.

On the Aulani page it also says it’s grab and go for breakfast, but it also used to say the pool was heated until heater-gate so it could be wrong. That would be great news to me if it has changed to sit down.

The photos I’ve seen of the Off The Hook breakfasts show the meals being served in take out containers, so I figured it was quick service for breakfast. I’d love for it to be table service though or at the very least have the entrees served up on proper plates.
On the Aulani page it also says it’s grab and go for breakfast, but it also used to say the pool was heated until heater-gate so it could be wrong. That would be great news to me if it has changed to sit down.
I was just there in June it is both grab and go and u can eat there table service. They ask u wich one u want. I just did grab and go since I was bringing breakfast back to the room to the rest of my family. I am a real fan of this place. They finally have mickey waffles not just in the character breakfast and the kids meal size is reasonable price and size. So that is what we ordered :) even for the adults ;)

Nobody says you have to complain.

But to the extent you could restrain yourself from mocking others that have issues while they spend 6 figures on a week at a property where, to put it mildly, they have issues with maintenance it would be productive.
6 figures a week??? Holy cow, what kind of room did you have??? 8-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter