Does anyone else kind of just want to get this virus and get it over with?

One bit of good news. Maybe a sign of getting back to normal. Ohio golf courses can now re open. The one by us is packed. This must have happened just today.

You're doing the reverse of MI. Courses here were allowed to be open until ordered to close this week. Apparently what they're most upset about right now is they're restricted from doing the ordinary seasonal maintenance that they say is time critical for certain types of grass and will be impossible to take care of later in the season. Seems like if allowing golfers is deemed just too much of a risk it should be possible for a few employees to maintain distancing and perform the maintenance to at least allow courses the potential to open later in the season in appropriate shape.

Last edited:
You're doing the reverse of MI. Courses here were allowed to be open until ordered to close this week. Apparently what they're most upset about right now is they're restricted from doing the ordinary seasonal maintenance that they say is time critical for certain types of grass and will be impossible to take care of later in the season. Seems like if allowing golfers is deemed just to much of a risk it should be possible for a few employees to maintain distancing and perform the maintenance to at least allow courses the potential to open later in the season in appropriate shape.
That doesn't make any sense to me. Not the closing of courses, but not allowing workers to do what they need to do. As you mention, surely they can maintain social distancing. They're not open to the public, so you don't need to worry about that.

Just like we (my industry) got "permission to travel" and "permission to get gas" letters we're supposed to keep in our car if things get that bad. BUT, what's wrong with a person (or a family that's living in the same home) simply going for a drive? Roll the windows down, enjoy the wind, the view, etc.

That doesn't make any sense to me. Not the closing of courses, but not allowing workers to do what they need to do. As you mention, surely they can maintain social distancing. They're not open to the public, so you don't need to worry about that.

Just like we (my industry) got "permission to travel" and "permission to get gas" letters we're supposed to keep in our car if things get that bad. BUT, what's wrong with a person (or a family that's living in the same home) simply going for a drive? Roll the windows down, enjoy the wind, the view, etc.

It seems to me that golfing is something that has the potential to be able to participate in if people are smart about what they're doing and keep their distance from others. Hopefully people would have the sense to be responsible. IMO the ground here isn't quite ready for opening the courses for play for maybe another week or so anyway, but I really can't understand the logic in preventing maintenance to go on, especially if not doing time critical things impacts the rest of the season.

Our landscapers were here yesterday for spring clean up.

Our landscapers were here yesterday for spring clean up.

I believe I heard that is something else deemed non essential and a no go here. Not 100% certain I'm correct, but I believe that was something I was shaking my head at a couple of days ago.
It's not quite time for mowing to begin here just yet, maybe in a week according to the forecast -- although my husband keeps threatening, which is ironic since he ordinarily hates doing it. I've warned him the neighbors will not be pleased if he starts that party early.

DH got papers, too, but it is illegal for state police to ask for them. Not sure about municipal/city police or sheriff's departments. State police can fine and cite non life-sustaining businesses, but that is about it as far as enforcement goes in PA.

DH got papers, too, but it is illegal for state police to ask for them. Not sure about municipal/city police or sheriff's departments. State police can fine and cite non life-sustaining businesses, but that is about it as far as enforcement goes in PA.

I think it might take a declaration of martial law in order for documentation to become necessary. Praying we don't have that happen.

I believe I heard that is something else deemed non essential and a no go here. Not 100% certain I'm correct, but I believe that was something I was shaking my head at a couple of days ago.
It's not quite time for mowing to begin here just yet, maybe in a week according to the forecast -- although my husband keeps threatening, which is ironic since he ordinarily hates doing it. I've warned him the neighbors will not be pleased if he starts that party early.
We've had our grass mowed twice already. We have a service do it because we're normally out of town on weekends and I no longer have a mower.

I think it might take a declaration of martial law in order for documentation to become necessary. Praying we don't have that happen.
Agreed. Even martial law is not enforceable nationwide. It isn’t as simple as “call a lockdown” everywhere.

We've had our grass mowed twice already. We have a service do it because we're normally out of town on weekends and I no longer have a mower.

That's the situation with most of our neighbors. If landscapers are prevented from opening things will get out of control by the end of the month.
Maybe I'll let DH loose on the neighborhood! Many are seniors who are physically unable to do it.

That's the situation with most of our neighbors. If landscapers are prevented from opening things will get out of control by the end of the month.
Maybe I'll let DH loose on the neighborhood! Many are seniors who are physically unable to do it.
Hey, he might get some extra $$$$

One bit of good news. Maybe a sign of getting back to normal. Ohio golf courses can now re open. The one by us is packed. This must have happened just today.

The three public courses here are open. But I wouldn’t describe the activity on them as packed. No one is allowed to go inside the clubhouse, and no one is allowed to use the carts. Walking the course only. That slows the golfers down, so helps to maintain more social distancing. One of the concerns they talked about on the news though is that it was groups of friends getting together to golf, not families who already shared at home together. So, we’ll see how long they stay open.

The three public courses here are open. But I wouldn’t describe the activity on them as packed. No one is allowed to go inside the clubhouse, and no one is allowed to use the carts. Walking the course only. That slows the golfers down, so helps to maintain more social distancing. One of the concerns they talked about on the news though is that it was groups of friends getting together to golf, not families who already shared at home together. So, we’ll see how long they stay open.

As an avid golfer I consider myself very fortunate that our course in Texas is still open; however, we've had problems with others coming over whose courses are closed jamming up the practice tee and not following the social distancing rules. So we now have closed the driving range, have marshals patrolling the course making sure everyone keeps their distance, and only those who cannot walk for medical reasons are allowed to take a cart - 1 rider per cart, period. I happen to believe golf should be walked anyway (unless you physically can't) so seeing players out hoofing it and carrying their bags is a throwback to what was, I believe, a better era for the game. (It's better for the course too.) I know this is off topic, sorry! I just like talking golf. :)

I don’t think they mowed, just spring clean up. So many use landscapers here that grass would grow out of control (we don’t own a mower, don’t have a garage). But they are allowed.https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/03/murphy-orders-nj-residents-to-stay-home-closes-non-essential-businesses-in-state-lockdown-to-fight-coronavirus.html

Mowed a few times here. Ohio. Summer ball sign ups starting. So hopefully after May June. All gets going

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter