does anyone go solo the the Christmas Party"?

Blueeyes101817

DIS Veteran
I just found out ill most likely be in disney in late nov or early dec with my family and i really want to go to the party,,not sure if anyone in my family will go..does anyone go alone or will it be horribly boring for me to be alone

I have done MVMCP solo several times, and enjoyed it just as much as when with friends or family. I think enjoying WDW solo, special events or not, is all in the attitude and in not being bored with your own company.

I love being with friends, but I am someone who can spend an entire week alone, not see or speak to anyone (even on the phone), and have enough interests to never be bored or feel "needy." My sister is the opposite. She can't spend a single day at home without at least calling someone just to talk, and always invites someone to accompany her for shopping or errands. Although this may seem to have nothing to do with doing WDW solo, I think it does. If you are comfortable with your own company, you will most likely be able to relax and enjoy MVMCP. You can chat with other Guests when the occasion arises, do the attractions, watch the shows and parades, enjoy hot chocolate and cookies while "people watching" (can be quite entertaining), meet and interact with the Characters, etc. Take in all the magic, and savor being able to do what you want whenever you like.

But to those who feel compelled to always have close interaction with friends or family in their everyday life (and there is nothing wrong with that!), it might be a good idea to plan to meet one or two members of the boards to avoid feeling alone in a crowd. Some people are simply not at ease when solo. ::MinnieMo

Blueeyes101817 said:
I just found out ill most likely be in disney in late nov or early dec with my family and i really want to go to the party,,not sure if anyone in my family will go..does anyone go alone or will it be horribly boring for me to be alone

I have gone solo many times, my children are in their twenties and don't want to go with mom any more unless I pay....LOL

Any way, I will be down Nov. 26 - Dec. 2 but not sure which MVMCP I will attend, have to look at dates, I try to do the first one.....if you decide to go solo and are going the same day you always and met me and others that may be there at the same time.......

Also, folks seem to always post some DIS meets for the early December Christmas parties! So you can meet up with people to watch the parade, fireworks whatever.

I love MVMCP and have gone solo several times.

Cheri--thanks! Im 20, but love these things:)--my mom is the one that wont want to go! ill definitely want to meet up with someone

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter