does anyone know the summer2002 movie?

andychris14

DIS Veteran
My kids birthdays are in early July and want to have a movie party. Usually you have to book birthday parties around 2 months in advance. If there is no good movie I want to start paving the way for another idea. So my question is does anyone know where or how I can find out which disney movie is coming out at the end of June?
Thanks for any help

I'd watch for AV to respond, but if memory serves correct, I think Lilo & Stich is earmarked for the spring/summer.

Stuart Little 2 is also coming out next summer.

Originally posted by andychris14
My kids birthdays are in early July and want to have a movie party. Usually you have to book birthday parties around 2 months in advance. If there is no good movie I want to start paving the way for another idea. So my question is does anyone know where or how I can find out which disney movie is coming out at the end of June?
Thanks for any help
:DYou can use this link for the latest and greatest...http://www.upcomingmovies.com

Yes, “Lilo and Stitch’ is the big summer Disney animated release. But it’s release date is still somewhat tentative pending the resolution of some post-Sept. 11 jitters about the storyline (Michael Eisner thinks Stitch is too mean and too scary, and there’s been some reworking of the ending). From what I’ve heard the people involved with this one (the Florida Animation group) are justifiable proud of the results.

If ‘Lilo’ is moved, there will be a direct-to-video movie released into theaters in its place. Depending on the success of “Peter Pan 2: Return to Neverland”, you can pretty much expect these become a seasonal event. Every, and I mean EVERY, Disney animated or family move has at least one direct-to-video sequel in development. Many of these will be shown in theaters for the extra bit of revenue, the extra marketing, and the extra screens it will hold for Disney. There’s even been rumors about splicing together episodes of old spin-off TV series (‘Aladdin’, ‘Mermaid’, ‘Tarzan’) and releasing those as a theatrical “feature”. The few feature animators who are left do their best not to think about that gem of an idea.

Hollywood is still trying to come to terms with last summer’s quick burn-out of the all the big movies. I’d expect to see a lot of last minute changes to release schedules up until the last minute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter