Does anyone know what parade route Paint the Night will take through DCA?

bcinohio

DIS Veteran
I see where they are going to move Paint the Night Parade to the DCA in early April. Does anyone know what route it will take through the park and where a good place to watch it from? I don't want to do a dinner and special seating for this.

thanks

They haven't announced the route yet, but I would guess it'll use the same as other parades. The map on the Paint the Night page still highlights the DLR parade route, but if you follow the viewing area buttons on the DCA side of the map, you'll get a sense of the route (the Pixar Play Parade webpage still has the DCA parade route outlined). I've watched the Pixar Play Parade and there really isn't any area that is better or worse along the route. I would just pick a place where you aren't on the blind side of a curve.

They haven't announced the route yet, but I would guess it'll use the same as other parades. The map on the Paint the Night page still highlights the DLR parade route, but if you follow the viewing area buttons on the DCA side of the map, you'll get a sense of the route (the Pixar Play Parade webpage still has the DCA parade route outlined). I've watched the Pixar Play Parade and there really isn't any area that is better or worse along the route. I would just pick a place where you aren't on the blind side of a curve.
I generally pick my spot to watch parades at DL based on what I want in the background of my photos. I can't really think of anywhere in DCA that would add that much to my photos.

Maybe for DCA, it would be the opposite. You'd be looking for spots where the background is least likely to impact the photos. I would think some of the neon on Hollywood Blvd might be a bit distracting. I've watched the Pixar Play parade near Mater's Junkyard Jamboree and found the the plain brown wall on the opposite side was pretty good (non-distracting). I would guess that perhaps the waterfall area might also be nice.

Maybe for DCA, it would be the opposite. You'd be looking for spots where the background is least likely to impact the photos. I would think some of the neon on Hollywood Blvd might be a bit distracting. I've watched the Pixar Play parade near Mater's Junkyard Jamboree and found the the plain brown wall on the opposite side was pretty good (non-distracting). I would guess that perhaps the waterfall area might also be nice.
Good thought. That might be the best to hope for. I'll be anxiously watching for photos online once it gets under way.

We were in line for TOT when the parade was ending as it was going through the tall gates.
This was when TOT had the line snaking around in the special area on the north side.

It was fun and interesting to see the floats and performers go through the gate and then it was done.

The good thing about the DCA parade route is the length -- almost a mile long! (Parks Blog was touting it as the longest route of all parks until Shanghai was built.) It should be much easier to find a viewing spot in DCA, especially if the parade runs twice a day. And there will be many more spots for setting up a tripod, I hope.

The good thing about the DCA parade route is the length -- almost a mile long! (Parks Blog was touting it as the longest route of all parks until Shanghai was built.) It should be much easier to find a viewing spot in DCA, especially if the parade runs twice a day. And there will be many more spots for setting up a tripod, I hope.
That is what I was thinking about when they added the dining package for PtN - why bother? There is tons of places from where to watch the parade I don't think the package is needed.

The Carthay Circle package includes actual seats so there is potential value there...where the WCT is just a reserved standing section.
I am all for packages - I really hate waiting for parades and fireworks. But $99 pp is a little much for us, DD and I do not eat enough although I do love CC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter