Does anyone know why Mexico and Morocco don't take part in IllumiNations?

Planecrazy4dis

Por favor manténgase alejado de las puertas!
In the beginning of IllumiNations, (when all the lights go off around the World Showcase), why don't Mexico and Morocco light up when the beginning music starts?

Mexico does actually. Norway and Moracco are the two that don't light up. The two theories I've heard are that they were both added late, so therefore don't participate, or that they have religious facilities and it has something to do with that. I think it's more about the religious facilities than anything, because with them being built later it would've been easier to wire in the lighting...But that's my take on it.

Yes, it has to do with their religious limitations. Both structures are built to resemble a religious building and they are prohibited to be decorated with lights.
Norway has a "Stave" Church right in front, and if your weren't looking for it, you would walk right by it (like I did for many years) and not realize that it is a sort of attraction where you can go inside and read a lot about the structure and tradition.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter