Does anyone own DVC with Polynesian as a home resort?

When DVC is at a hotel, there are shared expenses that are determined by occupancy.

So, right now, things like the pools, etc are paid by both.

When it is a DVC resort like RIV, then eventually all costs are paid by owners.

Now, if this is added to the same association, I believe it could potentially raise dues for current PVB, now all the expenses for the new tower would be part of it so those operational costs would be rolled in. However, there are more points too so any increase could be negligible.

If it’s own association then operational costs for the tower stay with Poly tower. They would then pick up their share of shared expenses.

In that case, you could see a slight reduction because the cost of the monorail is the cost but would be split between three vs two.

I think the big winner could end up being Disney because DVC will now have more rooms at that location so Disneys share may end up less.

If Disney wants to unload some expenses, let Poly lobby answer questions about tower rooms so tower owners pay portion.

Flip side, don’t let tower lobby answer questions about Poly hotel rooms or PVB rooms. That would put full tower lobby expense on tower.
Thank you for the info. I wasn’t sure what has happened in the past w akc kidani etc.

Based on details known so far, the pool near the towers seems likely to be a quiet pool and shared with resort (data showed longhouses labeled PVR and had fenced entrances near these longhouses.

This means tower will have access to Poly pools.
Similarly Poly and likely PVB will have access to this new pool. Doubt many existing PVB guests using it it’s on the far side of the Poly area.
Win for Disney PVR.

Another factor will be whether the checkin and lobby staff. Tower likely has checkin desk. Will they be expected to answer PVR (longhouses) questions and provide guest assistance? Or do they direct those to Poly main lobby.
Seems likely tower would use Poly pool and main lobby, so tower would still have to pay portion of Poly lobby staff.

Both the new pool and shared expenses for Poly lobby seem like they are approaches to benefit Disney PVR through cost sharing.

We are very happy Poly (resale) owners. Love the pools, transportation options, large and plentiful studios, and the overall grounds. It truly feels like home.

We will likely buy Poly tower direct when it comes out - we just love the resort so much.

I think the big winner could end up being Disney because DVC will now have more rooms at that location so Disneys share may end up less.
Uh-oh, you figured it out. Someone at Disney Resorts is shaking their head in dismay right now.

If Disney wants to unload some expenses, let Poly lobby answer questions about tower rooms so tower owners pay portion.

Flip side, don’t let tower lobby answer questions about Poly hotel rooms or PVB rooms. That would put full tower lobby expense on tower.

Based on details known so far, the pool near the towers seems likely to be a quiet pool and shared with resort (data showed longhouses labeled PVR and had fenced entrances near these longhouses.

This means tower will have access to Poly pools.
Similarly Poly and likely PVB will have access to this new pool. Doubt many existing PVB guests using it it’s on the far side of the Poly area.
Win for Disney PVR.

Another factor will be whether the checkin and lobby staff. Tower likely has checkin desk. Will they be expected to answer PVR (longhouses) questions and provide guest assistance? Or do they direct those to Poly main lobby.
Seems likely tower would use Poly pool and main lobby, so tower would still have to pay portion of Poly lobby staff.

Both the new pool and shared expenses for Poly lobby seem like they are approaches to benefit Disney PVR through cost sharing.

Anything declared as part of the common elements in the tower, regardless of association, will be part of the dues.

DVCMC pays Disney to manage our properties and they charge us owners to do so. If CMs are out at the tower, being it is DVC, those expenses are not shared. No cost to Disney for that. The CMs at GCH are part of shared expenses..again proportionate to occupancy..and that will be paid by all

The expenses that are shared are the things that existed at Poly Village resort and are part of that. GCH, transportation and pools. Those are not part of DVC…thatis why owners have right to use them, but non are part of PVB condo association.

The pool at the tower can be treated whatever why they decide to treat it. If it is a common element, then full coat to run is on owners.

But, it doesn’t mean it would be restricted..they could reach an agreement with Disney to pay a share so all Poly guests could use. Or, they could limit it to tower guests like BLT.

Since the rest of the pools are owned by Disney, they decide who gets to use them but it doesn’t seem logical they will leave out Poly tower guests but allow PVB.

But same association, there are two groups paying and current Poly owners would now be responsible for everything related to the tower that comes to operate it and continue shared expenses with Disney.

If it is a new association, current Poly owners pay nothing to run Poly tower or any of its common elements. That is why I said there is a potential to see a slight decrease this way.

On the subject of Poly (and sorry to OP if this isn't directly relevant to you) as I'm also looking at it as a possible first buy: Do any of you have experience booking 2 connecting studios at Poly? Is that easy to do?
We’ve done this numerous times. Adult Daughter was in the adjoining studio. Worked out great. I asked DVC to put a note in the reservation(s). I also called Poly about 10 days prior and out in another request.

We are (also) happy Poly owners 😃
We are very happy Poly (resale) owners. Love the pools, transportation options, large and plentiful studios, and the overall grounds. It truly feels like home.

We will likely buy Poly tower direct when it comes out - we just love the resort so much.
Ditto to everything!! 😉 The only thing I need to add is the easy access to Dole Whips!!! 😍

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter