Does anyone own rental property in FL?

Flitter

Mouseketeer
I have it under good authrority (from the Community Board) that an individual on this board owns rental property in Florida (near WDW).
My husband and I are currently in negoiations for a house in Orlando and want to know if anyone uses a Management Company to handle their property when it is not possible for them to be there personally.
I believe that the rules of the subdivision state that the property must be rented for 6 months at a time (which I feel is good). So, hopefully we would end up only renting it out once or twice a year.
If you would like to email me.......please feel free to do so. I would enjoy any feedback on the subject.

Thanks
Mary frzn4@aol.com

I own a property that is managed by Premier Vacation homes who advertise on these boards. I was very happy with their efforts when I bought and they have been a very efficient company throughout the purchase and in their managing of the house. The lady I dealt with was Peggy Morris and she was excellent.

If you have anymore questions please feel free to email me.

The majority of the rentals are for less than 6 months and while a long rent would be nice, they are much harder to get, you could have the house unoccupied for a year with no income at all. It is more usual for the rentals to be NO MORE than 6 months not prohibiting less than 6 months. I would be very careful buying a house that was minimum rentals as you are not looking at holiday makers for those rentals but "regular" long term tennents. I think that if a vacation home is your aim it would be hard to fit in your own vacation around minimum 6 month rentals JMHO. If it is an investment property and you are looking to return an income then I doubt there will be many people here that will be able to give you information as the majority of rental homes in Orlando are vacation homes on short rentals

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter