Does anyone think Lookout Cay looks disappointing?

Reported on La Lido Loca some cruise lines are NOW charging an extra fee to visit their private island.
We love DCL because so much is inclusive. We rarely spend anything beyond morning coffee.

Last edited:
Reported on La Lido Loca some cruise lines are NOW charging an extra fee to visit their private island.
We love DCL because so much is inclusive. We rarely spend anything beyond morning coffee.
Your link just seems to go to their main YouTube page, so I’m not sure where they said this. I know the cruise lines, including DCL, have extras that you can pay for. But, was the implication that you had to pay an extra fee just to get off the ship?

Your link just seems to go to their main YouTube page, so I’m not sure where they said this. I know the cruise lines, including DCL, have extras that you can pay for. But, was the implication that you had to pay an extra fee just to get off the ship?
I didn't post a link.

25 days and I should be on Lookout Cay. I really looking forward to the experience.

I hope the majority of the island is ready for the preview cruise.
Looking forward to hearing your impressions of the island. We were on the preview cruise originally, but had to switch to July.

Well, then I guess the boards did it for you, because when I clicked on the blue La Lido Loca, it went to their YouTube. What did they say about the extra fees?
They said it's tragic and moved on.
-----------------
We live in a world now where there is so much upselling and extra junk fees and paywalls - we just won't pay any of them.

That's easy enough for me to understand and I'm the dumbest guy in this thread.
I give up. I thought you had raised an interesting point, and just wanted to know where the information came from. I don’t know if you just can’t recall, or are being deliberately obtuse. I won’t ask again.

That's easy enough for me to understand and I'm the dumbest guy in this thread.
I think the point is that you’re briefly summarizing second-hand information. They wanted to go look into it for themselves, because “I heard this person on YouTube say this thing” isn’t exactly credible information.

Great. It will be interesting to see where you get the tram (assuming there is one) at Lighthouse Point.
I think there will have to be one. That would be an awfully long walk for people with small children or mobility issues. I’m wondering if there won’t also be one on the pier because that’s also a relatively long walk. Perhaps the trams will pick up right by the ship with a drop off point by the Cabanas and then on to the main beach. Really looking forward to seeing the reports when the first ships start docking there in June.

1.3 -1.5 miles? This is the first I have heard of this. I assume trams are there to take. One of the things
we liked about CC is you can walk there. In the heat/humidity of summer I can just see the lines to get
on the tram.

The island looks interesting to me so I can't wait to for the first reviews to come back. We are CC lovers
though and love the layout. Hope this is at least somewhat comparable.

1.3 -1.5 miles? This is the first I have heard of this. I assume trams are there to take. One of the things
we liked about CC is you can walk there. In the heat/humidity of summer I can just see the lines to get
on the tram.

The island looks interesting to me so I can't wait to for the first reviews to come back. We are CC lovers
though and love the layout. Hope this is at least somewhat comparable.

According the Disney Cruise Blog "For those wondering, the trestle pier is just shy of 1/2 mile long and to go from the ship to the water on the family beach is a little over 1 1/2 miles based on rough estimates using February 2024 imagery from Google Earth."

https://disneycruiselineblog.com/2024/05/disney-lookout-cay-at-lighthouse-point-panel-discussion/

Obviously parts of Castaway are much further than this. I think this feels different as everyone must travel the entire distance unless renting a cabana. And then all of the beach areas are right in a row instead of the separate lagoons and Serenity Bay areas that Castway has.

I've never seen pigeon peas at Castaway - or roasted chicken and okra and stuff. It's regular burgers, hot dogs, etc. Lighthouse looks fancy - too fancy for beach food IMHO.
The pigeon peas, curry, and fish seem new. Roasted chicken is always available at Castaway. I always get it at Cookies Too. It is really good so I am glad to see it on the menu.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter