Does Disney still offer trash and towel?

I felt just like you for years. I came close to buying DVC back in the mid-90s, but when I found out about the mousekeeping situation, I said "NO WAY! I'll keep staying at POR [well, Dixie Landings to me] where I get mousekeeping every day!" Finally in 2002, we fell in love with VWL, and bought despite the mousekeeping situation, because we knew that we could pay for daily mousekeeping and were sure we would. However, on our first stay, we never got "roundtuit" in ordering daily mousekeeping. Guess what-we LOVED not having it! And no one was more surprised than us. It was a great feeling to know that no one would come into OUR villa. Now we often request no housekeeping, at least not daily, when we stay at hotels.

I think many DVC owners have had a similar experience, and were surprised that they like not having housekeeping daily. Though I do agree, it seemed "odd" before my purchase that daily housekeeping wasn't included. But in 1992, the price per point and free park admission made purchasing very attractive with or without housekeeping.

Last year I did not get my T and T at BLT or at BCV. I did mention it , but still got nothing. If I do not get it this year I will be going to the lobby and nicely mentioning it before contacting DVC.The way I figure it I pay my dues on time and I expect to get what I paid for.

And housekeeping still may not show up on the correct day if at all.

:earsboy: Bill
Bill, while I don't think they're perfect, I feel they do better than you seem to. My experience is they consistently show up and constantly do the T & T. It's the replacements I find hit or miss, mostly the washing detergent and coffee.

Bill, while I don't think they're perfect, I feel they do better than you seem to. My experience is they consistently show up and constantly do the T & T. It's the replacements I find hit or miss, mostly the washing detergent and coffee.

If they show up and only do part of their job, is that better than not showing up at all?

Scheduling seems to really be a problem, Mouskeepers don't seem to understand the DVC schedule, when you call the dispatchers don't understand and the CM's/managers at the front desk often don't understand.

I was talking to a manager at MS the other day and was told that one of DVC biggest problems is that the resorts do not understand the DVC difference.

If they show up and only do part of their job, is that better than not showing up at all?

Scheduling seems to really be a problem, Mouskeepers don't seem to understand the DVC schedule, when you call the dispatchers don't understand and the CM's/managers at the front desk often don't understand.

I was talking to a manager at MS the other day and was told that one of DVC biggest problems is that the resorts do not understand the DVC difference.

I'm not making excuses only relating that IMO it's not as bad for me as it seems to be for you. I'm pretty flexible in such matters and find that if I call, any needed items are provided. Most timeshares in the US don't have a midweek cleaning, I'm surprised it's lasted this long.

I'm not making excuses only relating that IMO it's not as bad for me as it seems to be for you. I'm pretty flexible in such matters and find that if I call, any needed items are provided. Most timeshares in the US don't have a midweek cleaning, I'm surprised it's lasted this long.

My point is that you shouldn't have to call. They clean and stock thousands of rooms each day, millions per year, this isn't new for Disney but apparently it isn't important enough to them to get it right.

It's a fixable problem, inspect some rooms, note when the job isn't done correctly, document the CM, contact the union rep, put the CM on warnings, terminate if the issue continues. After a couple of these, I guarantee you that the other CM's who value their job will do their job.

DVC is different now IMO. They still have t&t but rarely do the Mousekeepers do what's on the list. Sometimes they leave a basket outside the door, sometimes inside the door, sometimes they leave the towels on the kitchen table, usually don't collect the trash.

Unless we have out our Do Not Disturb sign, I have never had them not do everything on the list. Even then they leave a message on the phone saying they were not able to enter the room and let them know when we want our service. I usually call, they come shortly and do everything that is listed.

As to daily housekeeping, I love not having them come every day. We don't need it and love being able to "live" in the room and not pick up before the housekeeper comes and some days like to nap.

Maybe it's more about where you are staying than DVC in general.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter