Does Disney still send out key cards by mail before trip?

Blanche_Neige

DIS Veteran
I was wondering does Disney still send out the tickets ahead of time when purchasing package ?
If so when do we get them?

Just want to make sure to intercept them before kids sees it. It’s a surprise trip.

They won't send cards or Magic Bands to Canada - but there will likely be a brochure and a "this many days to your vacation" mailer sent in advance - so keep an eye out for that (I think it's about 30 days ahead??).

They won't send cards or Magic Bands to Canada - but there will likely be a brochure and a "this many days to your vacation" mailer sent in advance - so keep an eye out for that (I think it's about 30 days ahead??).
Thanks last time I had a vacation booked it was in 2020, our holiday was suppose to start when the day after they closed the border and Disney lol

They did send me the tickets ahead of time (hard plastic slip cards) which gave away the surprise at the time. Already knew they didn’t send magic bands to Canada.

We are 30 days out, will see if I get something in the mail this week, wanted to give the boys the envelop for Xmas 😊

Thanks last time I had a vacation booked it was in 2020, our holiday was suppose to start when the day after they closed the border and Disney lol

They did send me the tickets ahead of time (hard plastic slip cards) which gave away the surprise at the time. Already knew they didn’t send magic bands to Canada.

We are 30 days out, will see if I get something in the mail this week, wanted to give the boys the envelop for Xmas 😊
Are you sure it was key cards and not luggage tags? That's what we got pre-pandemic.

The countdown mailer wasn't very practical or helpful anyway. It reminded us to book ADRs in advance and other less than timely advice. Pre-pandemic it was well past the opening window and so pickings slim by then for the most desired places. I'd rather they mail us the plastic room key. I understand its more plastic waste for some who only use their phone or old magic band, but still good to have something tangible to skip the front desk and actually get the door open. My last few stays on property before covid, I could never get my room door open with my old bands and always had to trudge back to the front desk building with my carry-on luggage multiple times to get them to reset. I had to fly in late evening so a nasty and tiring routine and never a good start to a vacation.

Yes, the last time I bought tickets, I was sent the plastic cards (not luggage tags) in the mail. Unfortunately the logistics company sent them to *my number* another McSomething street in my town because why would a driver expect two streets that start with Mc in one small town. That was a lot of money delivered to the mailbox of the wrong (but fortunately not home) family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter