Does DVC sent out emails when waitlist is matched?

jo-jo

DIS Veteran
We have an" iffy maybe let's see how things work out health wise" trip planned for Dec. Idea was 1 bedroom for 2 weeks. Jan 1, 2024 could only get lake view studios. So booked 9 nights. That's as far as 200 BLT would go. Just as a lark, I make a waitlist ,at this point I don't remember length exactly, but it was for a bunch of days and didn't want to borrow BLT points . I thought no way would a 6 -10 days waitlist for a standard view one bedroom come through. But I was hoping maybe at 7 months, I believe I said use SSR points.

Yesterday, I'm looking just to see what is open, still too soon for 7 months. And I look at my dashboard. I have Dec 1-7. Huh? I thought it was through the 10th. I look closer, I now have a 1 bedroom standard view.

I've looked at my email, several times. When I booked the day by day studio, I got an email for each day. I can't find anything saying the studios were cancelled and the one bedroom booked.

I'm somewhat shocked that a standard view came thru.

Forgot to say, the waitlist came through on Feb 18.

Last edited:
sometimes I get an email and sometimes I don’t…when I do, it’s usually the next day or so and it could be a cancellation of the original reservation, a notice about the ‘new’ reservation or both…

I got an email yesterday that my 5-night Preferred view at Riviera in September was cancelled. Still no notification about the brand new 6-night reservation in a standard view one bedroom that's in my account. It's the first waitlist I've had come through in almost ten years! So, naturally, DVC site kept glitching as I tried to check my reservations.

Yeah I usually get an email but always have the cancellation come first which scares me for a sec haha. Usually the confirmation comes later in the day or the next day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter