• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does Instacart deliver to WDW hotels?

Yes, but not right to your room. We had to meet them at the lobby area and put the groceries on a bell cart to get them back to the room.

Yes, but not right to your room. We had to meet them at the lobby area and put the groceries on a bell cart to get them back to the room.
They will leave with Bell Servies so no need to meet... unless alcohol is included in the order. Please don't take the bell carts, they are used by Bell Services, just politely ask for Bell Services to deliver and give a small tip.

I have always been able to do so in the past… many times. However, two weeks ago I submitted an order to be delivered to bell services at Jambo on my arrival day… they wanted a room number which of course I didn’t have since it wasn’t assigned yet. They cancelled the order while I was flying into MCO. I was furious… never had that happen before. All they needed in the past was guest reservation name to leave at bell services… they had that. Insisted they needed a room number.

Never happened before and maybe this was a one off screw up… dunno and don’t care. I won’t be using them again… too many other options.

They will leave with Bell Servies so no need to meet... unless alcohol is included in the order. Please don't take the bell carts, they are used by Bell Services, just politely ask for Bell Services to deliver and give a small tip.

Bell services gave us the cart FYI. Thanks for the lecture.
What are the rules for the carts? Most of the time, it seems bell services disallow people from using the bell carts, but I will see a bell cart sitting on the bottom floor of the Poly resort areas.

What are the rules for the carts? Most of the time, it seems bell services disallow people from using the bell carts, but I will see a bell cart sitting on the bottom floor of the Poly resort areas.
In this case it was the Bell Services at the Poly drop off area who told us to take one for the groceries (likely they were bogged down and there were perishables in our order). I don't know of any specific rules, but I'm sure they certainly prefer you to allow Bell Services to serve you (if they just let everyone take a cart they wouldn't have any to use themselves). I have also many times seen guests ask to borrow a cart and they were allowed to do so by Bell Services. So they probably don't want you taking them on your own at WDW (it's much different at Disney Vero Beach where they are there for you to use and return). When we see carts left by the elevators, I've also seen guests use those as well. It all comes down to common sense and courtesy as far as I'm concerned.

Edited to add that I just found a PlanDisney reply about carts and they said pretty much what I expected: Bell Services manage the carts, as they try not to have them left all over the hotel (so when you see those hallway carts it likely was not BS who brought it there). So you can always ask if you have a special request etc. We rarely use them, except in this one case with Instacart (which was less than great so it was a one and done with Instacart for us).

In this case it was the Bell Services at the Poly drop off area who told us to take one for the groceries (likely they were bogged down and there were perishables in our order). I don't know of any specific rules, but I'm sure they certainly prefer you to allow Bell Services to serve you (if they just let everyone take a cart they wouldn't have any to use themselves). I have also many times seen guests ask to borrow a cart and they were allowed to do so by Bell Services. So they probably don't want you taking them on your own at WDW (it's much different at Disney Vero Beach where they are there for you to use and return). When we see carts left by the elevators, I've also seen guests use those as well. It all comes down to common sense and courtesy as far as I'm concerned.

Edited to add that I just found a PlanDisney reply about carts and they said pretty much what I expected: Bell Services manage the carts, as they try not to have them left all over the hotel (so when you see those hallway carts it likely was not BS who brought it there). So you can always ask if you have a special request etc. We rarely use them, except in this one case with Instacart (which was less than great so it was a one and done with Instacart for us).
I think it's more common at the resorts that have outer guest buildings not attached to the lobby. If bell services is backed up they know you need help if you have too much to handle on your own and you have to travel outside the lobby building. They'd always rather manage the carts themselves but sometimes it's not possible depending on demand.

To the original topic of this thread, grocery delivery, I love Instacart at home but at Disney I prefer Garden Grocer. We have used them at least 25 times and it is always perfect. Lots of communication, discounts if you order in advance, a reasonable cancellation and refund policy. They deliver prior to guest arrival. Bell services stores the order, including temperature control for cold and frozen items. Upon arrival you make bell services aware of your room number. They deliver everything and put it exactly where you ask in the room or villa. We have never had any issues. One time one item was missing. I emailed them and within minutes had a reply asking if I wanted a replacement the same day or a refund. Highly recommend if you enjoy keeping things easy.

Last edited:
I think that the rules are whatever bell services feels like that day. LOL I think officially the Disney company does not want guests to use them. But sometimes they might not have the staff so they let you take them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter