Does the Monorail still run to DLH??

zandjmom

Mouseketeer
I would love to stay at GC because of the close proximity to the parks for my mom. Less walking. However, I think DLH would be bigger for 5 of us and a bit cheaper. Does the monorail still run to the hotel? She would be taking my nephew back for a nap everyday and that might be an option.

Does is still run to DL or just from DD?

The monorail station is in Downtown Disney now. Before the makeover in '99, the Disneyland Hotel went to the monorail station, with the shops and restaurants being close to the station. However, those buildings were razed, and in their place is the ESPN Zone, entrance to Downtown Disney from the parking lot, and the Rainforest Cafe.

The monorail is down at the moment, and will be back up mid-December 2006.

Dec 14th to be exact. Rumors say that its because the DL's making of Finding Nemo...

Albort said:
Dec 14th to be exact. Rumors say that its because the DL's making of Finding Nemo...

Yup, they're working on the lagoon, so the rides that go over it, plus the queues that intertwine with the lagoon ride queue, are affected right now.

DLH would be cheaper than the GC. The monorail should be back up for the holidays, but I've heard it will be down again in January.

They're also refirbishing the monorails themselves. Blue is in Canada right now. There's talk going on that they're changing the shell and the inside to make it a bit more updated.

...Joe...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter