Does your city/town have an app?

DLgal

DIS Veteran
I just discovered that our city has an app! You can use it to report all sorts of issues. It also has local event information, parks directories and info, and interactive maps. It will even alert you to things like road closures, floods, fires, etc. Pretty cool. Does your city have something like this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221108_090116_Access Irvine.jpg
    Screenshot_20221108_090116_Access Irvine.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 5
We have a 311 system. You can call 311 to report issues. Or you can go to the City 311 website and report issues. Or you can download the app and report issues. Not a big fan of apps, so I just go to the website for things like a street light being burned out. They update you via email on your report. In my case they will be out December 26th to look at the street light, almost two months after I reported it.

No idea, but not interested. Our development has some kind of internal website (I think it is part of Nextdoor also) they keep asking people to join without much success. Reminds me of most social media as neighbors have indicated it is mostly a place to gossip/complain about your neighbors. No interest in that nonsense. If I have a question, I ask the HOA, attend one of the infrequent HOA owner's meetings. the management company or just walk outside and talk with my neighbors!!!

Last edited:
Googled it and yes, my city does have an app. I had no clue

Request information about museum hours, park reservations, event venues, recreation programs, parking permits, tax bills, leaf collection, volunteer opportunities, etc. Report missed trash collection, potholes, tree issues, etc. Can upload photos of problem areas.

We have a 311 app. Mostly it’s filled with long grass complaints in the summer and not shoveled sidewalk complaints in the winter.

Yup and I've used it to notify them of potholes (you can drop a pin through the app too) but there's all sorts of things you can do with it including other complaints or looking up other information. They just redesigned in the last couple of weeks the webpage too.

Trash is done by the city in our particular city and we have a trash app too. It gives you the dates and what is being collected (as recycling is bi-weekly) but also will send push notifications to alert you if service will be or won't be delayed due to holidays (and ours has almost never been interrupted) but you can also look up if an item should go in trash, recycling, yard waste, household hazardous waste or electronic waste. If there's for some reason a missed pick up you can alert them on that as well (that's only happened like once). And just took a look at the trash app and turns out at this weekend's Household Hazardous Waste event (every other Saturday) they will be doing a shred event and we missed our neighborhood's one that a real estate agent puts on for packages and bulk items not able to be put in our shredder so this is perfect timing.

The little town closest to me has a website that looks like it was made many, many years ago. I don't see an app coming any time soon.

Not that I know of...but I've never thought to look for one.

We do have a decent enough town website, though, and the library sends out a weekly newsletter via email if you sign up for it.

We also have NextDoor in the area, and it seems to be used for good here - finding lost pets and asking folks to recommend plumbers, electricians, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter