Dog on board???

And if that dog is not properly trained (which an emotional support animal doesn’t require any training legally since emotional support animal is a broad term with no regulation) and bites someone on board, Disney and that owner would have a fat lawsuit on their hands. I have had people ask me constantly to write letters classifying their pet as an emotional support animal literally for the sole purpose of wanting to take it on vacation or in stores. I refuse. There are certainly tons of legitimate service animals for a variety of mental/social/physical conditions, but there are a lot of people who abuse the system and make it harder for people with legitimate situations.
A service dog doesn't require training either legally at least not how you are probably thinking. The tasks they are there for they need to be trained for obviously but that training can be done by the owner.

Yes I certainly didn't need to be rudely replied to because I was genuinely inquisitive.....and I was educated....by people on this thread which then had me do research on the matter. I am completely accepting of actual service dogs and the service they provide. I also believe that people abuse the ESA aspect as well. Some people have debilitating allergies to dogs/cats/etc and people nowadays seem to think that their mental well being is far more important than someone being severely allergic. I'm also offended by people who get overly offended by things and feel that they are allowed to respond nastily to people who they perceive as being insensitive.

I think the issue is assuming any dog in any embellishment makes someone think it can't possibly be a service animal and in more recent years the go to is "they must be just an emotional support". We all get it, people like to make up stories to have pets with them but not all places are really all that suited for that to be more likely. A cruise ship is a confined vessel, things like bathroom access, food, etc all of that is so limited it really becomes a much larger burden to just make up all of that to have your dog with you.

A dog dressed up most certainly can be a service dog. Do people not think those with service animals do things for Halloween or other such holidays? Or just random days? Like they aren't allowed to do that? That ends up being a problem with other people being presumptuous as if those with service animals need any more of that stuff. A service dog would need to be able to treat any adornment as a non-distractor and not interfere physically with their tasks at hand, other than that that's it.

I don't think the OP meant anything other than just working (no pun intended) with a preconceived notion of what service animals are and aren't.
Correct. I wasn't being insensitive to this person's disability. It was more of my ignorant perception of what breeds can be service dogs.

The pet relief area I saw recently on the wonder was just off the jogging track... No turf or anything... I was thinking ok that is kinda gross. but I assume service dogs are also trained maybe to go on a diaper sheet in said area??? I wonder if anyone that has severve pet allergies needs to note this in their reservation as even a deep cleaning of stateroom wont get rid of all the dander. So I hope they always use the same rooms for service pet guests and keep the rest pet free.
might use the same state room but there are different priced ones so not sure how this would work. and yes more than state rooms service dogs could be in the dining room so allergies should be noted on reservations

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter