• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dollar MiniVan deal extended?

mom_rules

<font color=FF66FF>LOVES the Yachtsmen!<br><font c
It appears that the $199 minivan deal
at dollar has been extended to April 15th.

Has anyone been able to book this deal?

I was able to book a minivan at $199.99/week at the Fort Myers airport location for the first 2 weeks in March. You should be able to do the same in MCO.

We were able to book a dollar minivan late oct for that rate using code KISS3.

mom_rules

Thanks for the heads up! I was able to book for late March out of Sanford.

My problem is the extra day $. It adds $120 to the
$199.99 (for 10 day rental).

I was unable to book this for my arrival on 4/14/03. It replied that there were no minivans for this time period (returning on 4/23/03)

I was hoping since my pick-up was before the expiration - it would be honored.

Originally posted by marymrg
I was unable to book this for my arrival on 4/14/03. It replied that there were no minivans for this time period (returning on 4/23/03)

Ooooh have I got some great news for you. I also have a ressie booked through $. I used the KISS3 code & got a rate of $229.99/wk. I just saw the new EMN39 code for $199.99. I tried to get on their website to book it but it was down. :(

But............. I called their 800 # & tried to make a new ressie with the code. The employee told me minivans were booked for that time. When I explained I already had a ressie he asked for the confirmation # & then said, okay, you are all booked at the $199.99 with the EMN39 code. It is saving us another $70 because we are going for 15 days.

I was so excited :bounce: . Our car rental started out costing about $750 for the 2 weeks & I am now down to $550 (including taxes) thanks to mousesavers & the boards.

DH laughs at me but I told him instead of spending money at the mall I'm spending time on the boards & saving him money. :p

I hope you have as much luck as I did. BTW, we arrive 4-11-03 until 4-26-03 but because our arrival is before the 4-15-03 deadline we were able to use the code.

Thanks for the info! I will call today and see if I can work some magic :D What did they charge you for your extra day(s)? Right now I'm at $39.99/day and the $229.99 for the week. I'll post back later.

Thanks Melsmice! I was able to rebook the reservation. And it's a good thing too.......since my original was for $249.99 (not $229.99) So I am saving at least $50 plus fees.

p.s.........looks like we're almost neighbors. :D I live out in the "Boston Hills"

Originally posted by marymrg
What did they charge you for your extra day(s)? Right now I'm at $39.99/day and the $229.99 for the week.

My extra day is at $39.99. I'm so glad you got the $199.99 deal.

I guess we are neighbors. I have a cousin that lives near the Boston Hills! Nice to "meet" you. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter