Donald finally gets his own character meal!

Does this mean no more Chip and Dale at Storyteller's? I was looking forward to that breakfast in September!

Mickey already has (had) his own-Surf's Up. Looks like they are just moving Mickey to Storytellers and having Donald host at PCH instead. Happy to see Stitch will still be at one!
Yeah, looks more like just a shuffling of characters.

They are still down one character meal in the form of princess dining. I'm surprised they haven't addressed that. Unless princesses are just out of fashion. Are princesses out of fashion in a castle park?

They are still down one character meal in the form of princess dining. I'm surprised they haven't addressed that. Unless princesses are just out of fashion. Are princesses out of fashion in a castle park?
No!!!! Not to me or my 3 teen girls, anyway :goodvibes

Well yeah for Donald! Wish they announced when the changes will happen. Summer is so broad. Donald is my husband's favorite.

It sounds like a good move to put Mickey in the Grand. The hotel is so much closer to Disneyland than the Paradise Pier Hotel. We ate there once with the Critters and enjoyed it. Many people say it has better food than the other locations, so another plus for Mickey.

Hopefully these will be open before our mid-June trip so we can choose one of these for our character meal.

It is interesting that no characters other than Mickey were announced.

Tales of Adventure..it does sound like they could just keep the same characters that are there now.

Has anyone done Storytellers weekend character brunch? I see the hours are a little later. We fly in at 9 am and wanted to go there on our non park day about 12:30 or so.

I honestly think these are heavily geared to the BBB crowd - my daughter and I did the princess breakfast when she was 10 and she was bored out of her mind by the time we left - so I'm not surprised they aren't rushing to replace it considering much of Disney is moving away from the classics and onto Marvel/Star Wars and Pixar! Still I think it was nice for the younger girls to enjoy.

I honestly think these are heavily geared to the BBB crowd - my daughter and I did the princess breakfast when she was 10 and she was bored out of her mind by the time we left - so I'm not surprised they aren't rushing to replace it considering much of Disney is moving away from the classics and onto Marvel/Star Wars and Pixar! Still I think it was nice for the younger girls to enjoy.
Not everyone is moving on to Marvel/Star Wars/Pixar. Disney ignores the classics in a castle park to their own peril.

Has anyone done Storytellers weekend character brunch? I see the hours are a little later. We fly in at 9 am and wanted to go there on our non park day about 12:30 or so.

We did the weekend brunch in November and it was quite tasty. I would definitely go again! It was pretty low key and relaxed. Not crowded at all. A big difference from WDW!

Not everyone is moving on to Marvel/Star Wars/Pixar. Disney ignores the classics in a castle park to their own peril.
It would be sad to lose Minnie's, but with these new changes it could be possible for them to swap out Minnie's breakfast for a Princess breakfast too. Then it would actually be in the Castle Park, and pretty close to the Princess FF.

Thank God they're keeping Stitch at one of them. My best friends' DD-gonna-be-9 wants our girls' trip to be her birthday party, and the thing nearest and dearest to her heart is to meet Stitch, who is hands-down her favorite character. We're surprising her with the breakfast, but it would have been devastating to us if he were being eliminated!

Yay!! I love me some Donald Duck...but more importantly what will he be wearing??
I am doing both DL and WDW this trip and already have a load of character meals at WDW (Tusker, Cape May, H&V, Chef Mickeys, any more I need that have Donald Duck?) but if Donald is in a different outfit, then count me in!!

ETA: I hope Storytellers still have Chip 'n' Dale or I am going to have to try and add GG at WDW.

I clicked to read about the new character meals but I came away with.... What the heck on those menus Disney?! Literally premiering menu items found in any urban, millennial-appealing area of LA or SD. Kale, Poke and Avocado toast?! New low. And fwiw, even the pic of that avocado toast is beyond sad. There can’t have been more than 2 thin slices of avocado ground up to make that thin spread! If you’re gonna copy other companies at least do it better, not worse!!

I'm gonna miss Chip & Dale at Storytellers. We had plans to go with my cousin in the fall. I'm kind of sad about this.

Mickey already has (had) his own-Surf's Up. Looks like they are just moving Mickey to Storytellers and having Donald host at PCH instead. Happy to see Stitch will still be at one!
Not sure what I was thinking! Haha.

I'm gonna miss Chip & Dale at Storytellers. We had plans to go with my cousin in the fall. I'm kind of sad about this.
They are still at Goofy's Kitchen and Plaza Inn. While I'm sorry you won't get to meet them at Storyteller's, they were taking up way too many spots at the various character meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter