Dooney & bourke disney collaboration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to Macy's this afternoon for my husband's anniversary gift (super cute watch - wanna see it?)

Anyways...

I saw a D&B - in a different pattern, but the same one as the Mickey Navy and White style...not the pouchette - but the shoulder bag one? Nice nice bag - very nice. :thumbsup2

I poked around inside it, too. Like I said - nice bag! :cloud9:

What's the pink drink in your signature? Is it the one that is sold in Epcot?

Now THAT is funny. :banana: I thought I was the one who had dreams about these purses!

Lisa

Lisa, I got your PM. It won't let me respond because I haven't made enough posts yet. I'm working on that now and will talk to my husband tonight and let you know. :goodvibes

YES, lets see the watch!!
i am so TEMPTED to get the navy mickey bag! my tax refund just showed up in my account which makes me EVEN MORE tempted :headache: i think im going to stew on it another week or so to be sure. :confused3 ive got my september WDW trip to pay for yet! :eek:

I was a good girl. Our tax refunds hit last week and the week before (state hit one week, federal the next). We wound up getting our eyes checked and buying new glasses and upgrading our cell phones. I guess, in retrospect, I could have not upgraded my phone and gotten my Mickey D&B...but...I didn't.

YES, lets see the watch!!
i am so TEMPTED to get the navy mickey bag! my tax refund just showed up in my account which makes me EVEN MORE tempted :headache: i think im going to stew on it another week or so to be sure. :confused3 ive got my september WDW trip to pay for yet! :eek:

I'll be there in September, too! :thumbsup2

Watch:

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=126590&CategoryID=29196

What's the pink drink in your signature? Is it the one that is sold in Epcot?

Yes!! Nuevo!!! :cloud9: :drinking1

Hi, quick question. Were they at one time giving a disney dooney cosmetic bag with purchase at the Summer Lace? From previous posts here, it was just a dooney and bourke cosmetic bag they were giving with purchase. Just want to know if maybe soon they will have more of the disney dooney cosmetic bags available. Enjoy your disney trip.. thank you for giving us a "live" update:cutie:

Hi Catira,

When I saw the sign at Summer Lace, I asked the cast members what the "free gift" was and they said it was a cosmetic bag. I asked if it matched the Sketch bag and the girl nodded. I never saw the actual cosmetic bags. It's possible that they had the matching Sketch and Wonder cosmetic bags and ran out of them, or the castmember had no idea what I was talking about and they've been giving away plain old Dooney ones all along. :confused3.

Does anyone know if they are also doing the cosmetic bag gift at Downtown Disney and Trend D? It would make sense that they would do the giveaway at all the locations that have the new patterns. It seems like the theme parks and other locations have just the Sketch and Wonder bags and aren't doing it. What have other people seen?

Hi Catira,

When I saw the sign at Summer Lace, I asked the cast members what the "free gift" was and they said it was a cosmetic bag. I asked if it matched the Sketch bag and the girl nodded. I never saw the actual cosmetic bags. It's possible that they had the matching Sketch and Wonder cosmetic bags and ran out of them, or the castmember had no idea what I was talking about and they've been giving away plain old Dooney ones all along. :confused3.

Does anyone know if they are also doing the cosmetic bag gift at Downtown Disney and Trend D? It would make sense that they would do the giveaway at all the locations that have the new patterns. It seems like the theme parks and other locations have just the Sketch and Wonder bags and aren't doing it. What have other people seen?
Wow, maybe at one time it was a sketch cosmetic bag. But, it seems to be the offer at summer lace was a plain dooney cosmetic bag. We are all hoping that the offer they had at TREN-D on 2/26 will be available again. Even better, if they sell these cosmetic bags to the general public. :cloud9:

Wow, maybe at one time it was a sketch cosmetic bag. But, it seems to be the offer at summer lace was a plain dooney cosmetic bag. We are all hoping that the offer they had at TREN-D on 2/26 will be available again. Even better, if they sell these cosmetic bags to the general public. :cloud9:

Now I really wish I had asked to see the cosmetic bag! It surprises me that they aren't giving away even a plain Dooney cosmetic bag with the $150 purchase of the new patterns at World of Disney and Trend D. It would make me mad if I made the purchase at those stores, and then found out I could have received a free bag (even if it wasn't Disney themed) if I had purchased at another store. Why do the offer only at Summer Lace?

Now I really wish I had asked to see the cosmetic bag! It surprises me that they aren't giving away even a plain Dooney cosmetic bag with the $150 purchase of the new patterns at World of Disney and Trend D. It would make me mad if I made the purchase at those stores, and then found out I could have received a free bag (even if it wasn't Disney themed) if I had purchased at another store. Why do the offer only at Summer Lace?

Now you are going to have to do some investigating for us. :rotfl:I tried calling summer lace this weekend, and the first thing I was asked when they answered my call and asked to be transferred was if I was staying on disney property. As soon as I said "no", she said if I wanted to order something I needed to call WD merchandising. So unfortunately, I was not able to speak with a CM at summer lace. I too, don't understand why this offer is exclusive to Summer Lace? It should be available to all customers making a $150 disney dooney purchase. If you find out any new details, please let us know.:)

So...I just learned about these purses and I am in love :love:

This is a huge thread so can somebody please answer my question :flower3:

I really like the white sketch medium tote (1st version) I believe....can I call WDW merchandising and still order this design or is this one gone?

Thanks in advance!

Now you are going to have to do some investigating for us. :rotfl:I tried calling summer lace this weekend, and the first thing I was asked when they answered my call and asked to be transferred was if I was staying on disney property. As soon as I said "no", she said if I wanted to order something I needed to call WD merchandising. So unfortunately, I was not able to speak with a CM at summer lace. I too, don't understand why this offer is exclusive to Summer Lace? It should be available to all customers making a $150 disney dooney purchase. If you find out any new details, please let us know.:)

I can tell you that with certainty the only place that is offering the free gift is Summer Lace. I agree that it should be offered everywhere but this is what I found in reference to where it is offered: When I was up last weekend I went to Tren-D and the World of Disney first and Castmembers are both stores said that they do not know of any new promotions at their stores. The castmember also said that each store will get different promotions at different times and they can not be honored in one just because the other is doing so. So it is just Summer Lace that is definitely doing the free gift with purchase promo. Now whether its the cosmetic bags that we're all dying to get is the mystery.:confused3 I'm going to stop back in there on Friday and talk to someone in Summer Lace to find out the scoop and I promise to post directly from the park :goodvibes I'm crossing my fingers that I will have good news to report :goodvibes

So...I just learned about these purses and I am in love :love:

This is a huge thread so can somebody please answer my question :flower3:

I really like the white sketch medium tote (1st version) I believe....can I call WDW merchandising and still order this design or is this one gone?

Thanks in advance!

The version 1 medium tote is hard to get short of Ebay these days. Maybe you will get lucky if you call through merchandising and ask but they seem to be gone in the parks. I went literally every store that they sell them in this past weekend (this has become a full blown obsession for me :rotfl:)and I saw one at Magic Kingdom on Saturday and went back Sunday to pick it up to have it to put away and it was gone. It can't hurt to call and ask them but I am pretty sure that they won't guarantee you a version 1. Definitely call, you may get lucky! Crossing my fingers for ya :goodvibes

My friend that went to Summer Lace and pick up the Large Wonder Tote and purple cosmetic bag shipped it yesterday. I can't wait to get it!!! I'll post a pic of the new cosmetic bag when I get it.

The version 1 medium tote is hard to get short of Ebay these days. Maybe you will get lucky if you call through merchandising and ask but they seem to be gone in the parks. I went literally every store that they sell them in this past weekend (this has become a full blown obsession for me :rotfl:)and I saw one at Magic Kingdom on Saturday and went back Sunday to pick it up to have it to put away and it was gone. It can't hurt to call and ask them but I am pretty sure that they won't guarantee you a version 1. Definitely call, you may get lucky! Crossing my fingers for ya :goodvibes

Welcome to the disney dooney addiction!:laughing:

Welcome to the disney dooney addiction!:laughing:

It really is an addiction! At some point I'm sure I'll need some sort of support group.:laughing: My husband is the one that found out about them and now I'm sure he wishes he hadn't told me. :rotfl2:

Oh, bummer :sad2:
Thanks for the heads up though!:goodvibes

So, I'm pretty much probably going to be stuck with version 2 then it sounds like...I just don't like that rectangular tag on the purse. Otherwise they're pretty much identical right? :)

Thanks again!

For the ladies that have bought the Mickey Domed Satchel- How do you like it? All the pieces I have are the white sketch print and I am on the fence about whether to go with the large wonder or the domed satchel. I want a new one to take with us on our cruise and I just can't decide. I know that the wonder print will be the second to disappear after the white sketch so I guess I should get that first? I just can't make this decision on my own :confused3 Any input would be appreciated :love:

Oh, bummer :sad2:
Thanks for the heads up though!:goodvibes

So, I'm pretty much probably going to be stuck with version 2 then it sounds like...I just don't like that rectangular tag on the purse. Otherwise they're pretty much identical right? :)

Thanks again!

I'm partial to the version 1 print for the exact same reason. I'm not a fan of the tag. The only other difference is the version 2's have a full Minnie Mouse on them and version 1 has only her bow.

I'm partial to the version 1 print for the exact same reason. I'm not a fan of the tag. The only other difference is the version 2's have a full Minnie Mouse on them and version 1 has only her bow.

Another difference between the 2 bags are the banners. Version 1 has separate banners that say Walt Disney World and Disneyland. Version 2, the banners are combined. :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter