Door Decorating on RCI

MicknMinnJen

Mouseketeer
We're getting ready for our first RCI cruise (Oasis). We love decorating our Disney doors, but am having a hard time finding much for Non-Disney cruises. I would love something personalized. Any ideas or links?

We really enjoy decorating our door on Disney cruises too. We're planning our first Royal Caribbean cruise for the first time in 15 years and would like to decorate our state room door as well. We've always made our magnets in the past . One way to decorate maybe magnets for the door representing the different ports that you are going to visit. Without the Disney theme may have to stick with a more general tropical feel. Also, if you are part of a meet and mingle group you may want to have some sort of representation of that as well. Let us know how it goes will be interested on how you make out.

I decorated my door on celebrity cruise to Hawaii. I only saw one other door decorated but I didn't care. I made magnets from cutouts from dollar store that I stuck magnets on

We've decorated our door many times on Royal Caribbean, especially if we sail over a Holiday. A Christmas stocking with both our names on it, a pumpkin on Halloween. Makes it easier to find your door.

Just be sure and don't put anything on it that you wouldn't want to lose. Things have a way of disappearing off doors.

We've been on RCCL four times and Celebrity three (including a Christmas cruise on each) and didn't see any door decorations on any of them.

Hey, someone has to tow the line. We're going to decorate on the Freedom next year. Who knows? Maybe it'll catch on.

We did our first cruise ever 8/17 RCI Navigator and decorated all 3 of our stateroom doors. Nothing fancy, just dollar store tropical decorations held on with magnets. It helped us find our rooms easily and gave our room steward a bit of entertainment as he enjoyed rearranging things trying to trick us into stopping at the wrong room. I saw a few other doors proclaiming " Happy Birthday" and so forth but very few. Decorate if you want to and enjoy yourself!

We were just on Freedom this August and saw some door decorations. Not a ton, but more than I remember on past cruises. Maybe it's catching on!! I really liked seeing the different things as I walked past. Some people had a magnetic notepad and would leave notes to each other. I think door decoration is really cute and I say go for it!!!

Enjoy!!

Agree with the others that door decorations on RC are pretty much nonexistent.

Agree with the others that door decorations on RC are pretty much nonexistent.

What about dry erase boards? We will be cruising with another family next fall. We are just off the disney fantasy and both families used the dry erase boards daily to help communicate.

We are new to RCL. Are dry erase board acceptable?

What about dry erase boards? We will be cruising with another family next fall. We are just off the disney fantasy and both families used the dry erase boards daily to help communicate.

We are new to RCL. Are dry erase board acceptable?

I've never seen any "rules" against them. As long as you attach them with magnets instead of tape or other adhesive it shouldn't be a problem.

I've never seen any "rules" against them. As long as you attach them with magnets instead of tape or other adhesive it shouldn't be a problem.

Yes. The back of it has magnets. It didn't damage the door at all on the Fantasy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter