Dopey Shenanigans! A Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend TR (Completed-videos added)

Great marathon & pics! Glad scooter lady didn't hit you or anyone, I mean really what was she thinking! I so wish I had sat in one of the vehicles, when I got there, there were no CMs, just another runner we took turns taking each other's picture, but it didn't even cross my mind to sit down in one. You're pics are great...how many runenrs in one vehicle, hilarious!!!

They had some random streetmosphere around here. It was weird like 70s hippies or something.
Intresting, I totally don't remember these people at all, in ESPN?

Great marathon & pics! Glad scooter lady didn't hit you or anyone, I mean really what was she thinking! I so wish I had sat in one of the vehicles, when I got there, there were no CMs, just another runner we took turns taking each other's picture, but it didn't even cross my mind to sit down in one. You're pics are great...how many runenrs in one vehicle, hilarious!!!

Intresting, I totally don't remember these people at all, in ESPN?
Thanks! I couldn’t believe that ECV lady. The vehicle pictures were a lot of fun.

They were before ESPN on the road there.

Congratulations on completing the marathon :thumbsup2
You do have a lot of bling :cool1:
I love all the group shots especially the step mother & step sisters and the characters from UP so fun

Congrats on being Dopey!! That out and back near Animal Kingdom wouldn’t be near as bad for me if I felt the DJs at both ends weren’t trying to make me deaf! Looks like you had an awesome race experience!

Congrats on being Dopey!! That out and back near Animal Kingdom wouldn’t be near as bad for me if I felt the DJs at both ends weren’t trying to make me deaf! Looks like you had an awesome race experience!
Thanks! Congrats to you too!

Yeah the DJs weren’t exactly great...

At home with a sick kiddo so only one thing to do....catch up on my shows! Aka trip reports.

Congrats on being Dopey. And I love that your group of friends and you all essentially had the same coat. Great pics as always :)

At home with a sick kiddo so only one thing to do....catch up on my shows! Aka trip reports.

Congrats on being Dopey. And I love that your group of friends and you all essentially had the same coat. Great pics as always :)
Poor sick roxykiddo...

Thanks! Yeah we joked about our matching coats.

Naptime! Sometimes, you just gotta!

I hadn't heard about the change/work on the Toy Story entrance. I guess having the queue outside isn't bad at this time of year, but in hotter months I really appreciate the air conditioning while waiting.

I love the Christmas decorations at Hollywood Studios. I remember last year how amazed I was that the decorations stayed up so late, but I think they look much better this year.

I haven't been back to Le Cellier since it became a signature dining spot. Love the food, though.

The Spaceship Earth ball is so beautiful at night!

That's cool that you got to meet with Peter Pan. He was there (Contemporary) when we got off the boat after the Pirates and Pals fireworks cruise. I wonder if it was just before or just after that. ETA: I see that gets discussed in comments

:scratchin

Your Mickey picture came out great- good choice! Congrats on finishing! I agree with a lot of your final thoughts on the challenge.

Naptime! Sometimes, you just gotta!

I hadn't heard about the change/work on the Toy Story entrance. I guess having the queue outside isn't bad at this time of year, but in hotter months I really appreciate the air conditioning while waiting.

I love the Christmas decorations at Hollywood Studios. I remember last year how amazed I was that the decorations stayed up so late, but I think they look much better this year.

I haven't been back to Le Cellier since it became a signature dining spot. Love the food, though.

The Spaceship Earth ball is so beautiful at night!

That's cool that you got to meet with Peter Pan. He was there (Contemporary) when we got off the boat after the Pirates and Pals fireworks cruise. I wonder if it was just before or just after that. ETA: I see that gets discussed in comments

:scratchin

Yep!

Yeah that outdoor queue wouldn’t be fun in the summer!

The decor was a lot better this year.

SSE is definitely awesome at night.

I think Peter Pan was there just before that.

Your Mickey picture came out great- good choice! Congrats on finishing! I agree with a lot of your final thoughts on the challenge.

Thank you!

Congratulations on finishing the Dopey challenge. I think the old ride vehicles were really neat.

Thanks! They really were great!

Congrats on finishing the marathon & Dopey!

I love all of the pictures with Team Shenanigans - looks like a fun group to run with!

I still think this "riding Everest during the marathon" thing is crazy. Awesome, but ... crazy. How do you actually manage to go back to running after the waiting and the riding?

Fun Fact: The only time I've ever seen the ballon ladies was after a race. I think they finished the 10K in 2016 a little ahead of me. I didn't notice them passing me, but I saw them ahead of me in the finisher's chute. I was a little entertained.

Those mickey ears they gave you are pretty awesome.
80-90 minutes for Dopey, though ... not quite as awesome.

Congrats!

Congrats on finishing the marathon & Dopey!

I love all of the pictures with Team Shenanigans - looks like a fun group to run with!

I still think this "riding Everest during the marathon" thing is crazy. Awesome, but ... crazy. How do you actually manage to go back to running after the waiting and the riding?

Fun Fact: The only time I've ever seen the ballon ladies was after a race. I think they finished the 10K in 2016 a little ahead of me. I didn't notice them passing me, but I saw them ahead of me in the finisher's chute. I was a little entertained.

Those mickey ears they gave you are pretty awesome.
80-90 minutes for Dopey, though ... not quite as awesome.

Congrats!

Thanks!

They are great!

I thought the same way before I actually rode Everest. I didn’t know how it would affect my running but in all honesty it did nothing to my running.

Mickey ears were definitely awesome! No way was I waiting that long for Dopey.

Congratulations on finishing your Dopey Challenge!!! Dopey is my favorite guy, so I was glad to get a pic with him after the 5K--even then we waited almost half an hour, but I just HAD to get my pic with him (even though I wasn't running Dopey)! I sure do wish I DID run Dopey though....that medal was just WOW!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter