Doubletree Guest Suites vs Paradise Pier

goldmickey

Earning My Ears
I wanted to know if anyone recently stayed at the Doubletree. I am currently scheduled to stay at Paradise Pier 6/24-6/27. I have been debating about switching to the Doubletree instead. I have read the recent reviews on tripadvisor and Doubletree is #6 behind GCA and in front of #7 PP.
Everyone seems to love the hotel from the reviews I read.

We are a family of 4 with 2 older teens. When we last went to WDW we had 2 connecting rooms at Coronado Springs since we got a great rate with a code. Also when staying at WDW we prefer to stay on grounds. This is our first visit to DL and from everything I have read, it doesn't seem as important to stay on grounds. The main reason I am thinking of changing hotels is because of room size and savings on hotel portion of package with AAA. I know since it is so close I would have to take a $50 loss for changing, but still come out ahead. A big question I have to anyone who knows is the distance and how long the walk is. On the good neighbor site is says 2 blocks. Since I have never been to the area, I don't know what the difference in walking time would be between the 2 hotels. Thanks in advance for any help with this.

They are two BIG blocks. Not really what I would consider walking distance. Its at least double the distance, if not 3 times the distance. Map quest says 1.19 miles. So, about a 30 minute walk. The Paradise pier is more like 15 minutes.

YOu would be giving up the AAA enhanced fast pass, extra EE days, and you would be much further away. Unless you really need the savings, I wouldnt even consider changing.

We just returned from the Doubletree Suites today, where we had a 2 Rm. suite. We were very happy with the hotel, but it is a long walk to DL. We had a free parking pass and used it every day to park in the Mickey and Friends Garage and then took the tram directly to the park gates/DTD. I like to walk, but it would be a long walk back to the hotel after a day of walking all over DL and DLCA.

Thanks so much for the replies. I think I will be much happier staying at the Paradise Pier. I was really thinking more about the extra space with a suite vs one room, not so much the savings. I also was concerned about giving up the enhanced FP. Thanks again for making me feel better about PP. Now I can start getting excited about going to SOCA & DL!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter