• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Doubletree Suites or All Star Music Suites

SwanVT2

DIS Veteran
Looking at going with my parents and my 9 year old daughter in April. Which of these two suites is better? Thank you!

I never stayed in an All Star Movie Suite, but I did stay at the Doubletree Suites and my family did not care for it. We thought it was outdated and the grounds and pool outside were boring. We usually stay on Disney property, but we stayed there because at the time we were a family of 5 and we wanted something more spacious. It was also a lot cheaper than the Suites at All Star or Art of Animation. If the price difference doesn’t matter to you I would definitely stay at All Star Suites because it is Disney themed. Whatever you choose you will still have a great time at Disney, but I personally rather stay on site for the themed hotels.

I never stayed in an All Star Movie Suite, but I did stay at the Doubletree Suites and my family did not care for it. We thought it was outdated and the grounds and pool outside were boring. We usually stay on Disney property, but we stayed there because at the time we were a family of 5 and we wanted something more spacious. It was also a lot cheaper than the Suites at All Star or Art of Animation. If the price difference doesn’t matter to you I would definitely stay at All Star Suites because it is Disney themed. Whatever you choose you will still have a great time at Disney, but I personally rather stay on site for the themed hotels.
I feel the same way. We almost booked Doubletree for our February family trip but many recent reviews spoke of disrepair. Plus, we like our pool time!

Looking at going with my parents and my 9 year old daughter in April. Which of these two suites is better? Thank you!

Check bedding at AllStar because last I looked there is only one bed and rest are fold outs. Those suites were made out of two rooms and unusual layout. I would be looking at other options.

Check bedding at AllStar because last I looked there is only one bed and rest are fold outs. Those suites were made out of two rooms and unusual layout. I would be looking at other options.

I believe they are currently being renovated to replace the pull out beds with 2 fold down beds like the ones in Pop and All Star Music standard rooms. (Good thing too, I wouldn't want to sleep on a camp bed at Disney...)

I would go with All Star. We are able to get Doubletree for an employee discount(I work desk one day at week at a Hilton property) which we did one year. The pool area is boring!!! The entire hotel is in need of a facelift in my opinion. We also do not love the bus situation at the Disney Springs hotels, they seem to take forever. Maybe we just had bad luck. Happy planning.

Since you have a 9 year old I'd say All Star for the fun factor. Since you have your parents I say All Star for your parents to most easily get around with Disney transportation. The DoubleTree has a bus, however the Disney ones come continuous. For your family I say All Star.

I would go with All Star. We are able to get Doubletree for an employee discount(I work desk one day at week at a Hilton property) which we did one year. The pool area is boring!!! The entire hotel is in need of a facelift in my opinion. We also do not love the bus situation at the Disney Springs hotels, they seem to take forever. Maybe we just had bad luck. Happy planning.
If you supplement their bus with the LYNX bus then there are tons of options from the Double Tree.
The LYNX bus stop is right in front of the hotel and across the street (where the Drury inn will be) for heading to Disney.

It's the cheapest of the 3 Hilton properties in Disney Springs (although they still have the annoying resort fees) so if you are a Hilton member that's the best option to rack up points while keeping a budget. I see the Double Tree taking on more importance and significance if it becomes one of the few hotels that qualify for early entry as it seems like everyday is going to be early entry to every park only for the Disney hotels plus maybe the Disney Springs hotels.

Since you have a 9 year old I'd say All Star for the fun factor. Since you have your parents I say All Star for your parents to most easily get around with Disney transportation. The DoubleTree has a bus, however the Disney ones come continuous. For your family I say All Star.
I agree for kids or if I was a kid, then hands down All Star is better even though it's a spartan room with spartan amenities. The All Stars are basically college dorm like structures. But the ambience and fact that there are so many other kids, on the resort, pools and cafeteria make it a really cool place compared to a traditional hotel where it's quiet and just guests.

I did not know ASM had a suite, Music has a nice suite... we had friends that stayed in it.

Not sure if this trip is your one trip or you come all the time.
Stay at Disney if it's a one trip , the theming is amazing and so memorable compared to a "hotel" experience.

On the flip side, your parents (assuming they are older) probably will not like All Star as kids are runnning around everywhere and screaming and being kids.

So I would either have them stay at Double Tree or maybe an intermediate (or above) level Disney hotel (Like Coronado or Carribbean Beach Resort) where it's a little quieter.

I do think Caribbean Beach Club has the perfect mix of great for kids (pool area, cafeteria area, kid area) and quiet for older people since the bungalows are all on different islands from the kid centric fun island. But it's a little more pricey.

you might consider renting points from a DVC member - I can't help you - gave most of my points to my family when I moved here - kept some - but they are just for me.

If you supplement their bus with the LYNX bus then there are tons of options from the Double Tree.
The LYNX bus stop is right in front of the hotel and across the street (where the Drury inn will be) for heading to Disney.

It's the cheapest of the 3 Hilton properties in Disney Springs (although they still have the annoying resort fees) so if you are a Hilton member that's the best option to rack up points while keeping a budget. I see the Double Tree taking on more importance and significance if it becomes one of the few hotels that qualify for early entry as it seems like everyday is going to be early entry to every park only for the Disney hotels plus maybe the Disney Springs hotels.
Sorry but unless the Doubletree does some renovations we will not be back I've seen nicer pool areas at our local hotels and we live in Pa. with some bad winters. Boring is an understatement....It's a shame because employee rates are low but I want to feel like I'm on vacation and not with my dh on a work trip. We gave my "friend's and family rate" to some friends and they felt the same. You are right about the transportation. Many options are available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter