DoubleTree vs. Hilton Buena Vista Palace

AustenNut

Earning My Ears
We are planning a trip to Orlando in October. There will be four of us (73-year old grandparent, parents, and a 6-year old) and in order to allow for various bedtimes, like the idea of a suite. The grandparent and grandchild will probably be done touring by around 5pm or so, and then the family will probably eat off-site, and then the parents might go back to Disney. The grandparent and child may use the pool facilities in the early evening. Also, on our departure day, we plan on some hours by the pool.

We have currently booked suites at both the DoubleTree and the Buena Vista Palace. The DoubleTree is 520sf vs 800sf at the Palace. The Palace is about $110/night more, and the pool looks MUCH nicer than DoubleTree's. But the DoubleTree's pool is currently under renovation, right? Any idea as to what it might be like afterwards? Also, I've read a number of people complaining about the noise at the Palace. At first the people with noise complaints were mentioning the Island rooms (the shorter building(s) near the pool) so we booked a Tower suite, but then people have been saying the walls in the towers are quite thin, too.

Any advice or feedback one way or the other? We're leaning towards the Palace, but could certainly be swayed.

ETA: Changed the difference in price as we found an additional discount on the DoubleTree.

Last edited:
My family has stayed in both the island and tower suites at Buena Vista Palace in a suite room. I didn't notice any noise from either of these rooms. The rooms were very spacious. We had the 2 queen suite with the pullout couch. I didn't realize when I booked the room that it has 1 1/2 bathrooms, which was very nice. My son slept on the pullout couch and thought it was very comfortable. We preferred the island suite because we had a view of the pool and the tower suite was a view overlooking a roof top. We really liked this resort and would definitely stay here again. The pool was just like a Disney resort pool. This place reminded me more of a Disney resort and not just a hotel. We found a deal that included parking and waived the resort fee, and it was still cheaper than a moderate Disney resort.

The grandparent and child may use the pool facilities in the early evening. Also, on our departure day, we plan on some hours by the pool.

We have currently booked suites at both the DoubleTree and the Buena Vista Palace. The DoubleTree is 520sf vs 800sf at the Palace. The Palace is about $110/night more, and the pool looks MUCH nicer than DoubleTree's. But the DoubleTree's pool is currently under renovation, right? Any idea as to what it might be like afterwards? Also, I've read a number of people complaining about the noise at the Palace. At first the people with noise complaints were mentioning the Island rooms (the shorter building(s) near the pool) so we booked a Tower suite, but then people have been saying the walls in the towers are quite thin, too.

Any advice or feedback one way or the other? We're leaning towards the Palace, but could certainly be swayed.

ETA: Changed the difference in price as we found an additional discount on the DoubleTree.

I've stayed at both. I love Doubletree for the suite but you can't beat the BVP pool area and short walk to DS. Honestly if I stayed at BVP again I would stay in the island. Closer to pool and Disney Springs. The tower is big and was lots of walking to get anywhere.

Just so you know the permits filed for the Doubletree pool say they are (1) resurfacing and repairing the spa (2) installing new heaters on the pool. I wouldn't expect any changes to the actual pool amenity. Maintenance only.

I've stayed at both (and most other Hiltons on Disney property)- our overall favorite is the Palace (my parents even like it better than the Waldorf!). You can't beat how close it is to Disney Springs. The Double Tree was probably a 15+ minute walk from Disney Springs. Overall, the Palace is much nicer than the Double Tree. We all felt that the Double Tree was in need of refurbishment. My back ached from the uncomfortable beds. I don't remember much about the Double Tree pool, but I think it was just standard. The pool at the Palace looked really nice with the lazy river. We had 3 rooms (6 adults) on different floors in the tower and we had no noise complaints.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter