Down The East Coast and Back Again. Featuring: The Simpson‘s, The Mouse and Fay.

great report and love the pictures - thanks for sharing with us

I would LOVE to read the Disney part :love:
I have stayed at the portofino resort before, but I prefer the
Royal Pacific but I most definetely LOVE the Hard Rock Hotel, as I am into music majorly.

Thanks everyone. As you requested here is the Disney part.:goodvibes

Friday ~ August 22<SUP>nd</SUP> Our 1<SUP>st</SUP> Day at Disney

Our original plans were to leave the Portofino early, check into Disney’s Swan and walk to Epcot where we would see what we could do before our ADR at the Coral Reef for 1pm. I figured about 41/2 hrs of Future World before lunch. Great idea, right? Well, it didn’t quite go that way. The weather radar showed Fay in all her glory. She was hammering Orlando and flooding other areas, so we didn’t arrive until around 10:30 and I wasn’t that concerned about our late start.

We found our way easily to the Swan after one wrong turn landed us at the Hess service station. A least we’d know where to gas up on our departure. We checked in a little before 11:00 to find our room wasn’t ready. So we got our tickets and headed to Epcot via Friendship boat. At this point there was a delicate balance of dark clouds or rain. More rain.

Swan Fountain
CIMG2408.jpg

Back view of Dolphin
CIMG2651.jpg

View from boat dock
CIMG2265.jpg

Our first stop was Soarin’ where we picked up a Fast Pass and then headed to Spaceship Earth. In hindsight, we should have waited for this one, but it was only a 25 minute wait. I loved the interactive part at the end. But what was with the big stick looking thingy poking out of my head?
CIMG2294.jpg

CIMG2327.jpg

After Spaceship Earth, we ( meaning I ) sought out Guest Relations so I could get a birthday button for DD and myself. To which DD responds, “It’s not my birthday.” Regardless, she wore the button and we were on our way to our ADR at Coral Reef.
We checked in at the podium about 20 minutes early and if you have the personalized menu’s, you can see the CM discreetly reach into a little file and retrieve them. We followed the CM inside and to our surprise we were led past the back row , past the middle and right to the front by the tank. At this point, I thought yeah now how am I going to get DD to sit on the inside so I can get pics of her and the diver? DD insisted on sitting on the outside and I didn’t want to spoil the surprise.

Me and DD opened our personalized birthday menu and she smiled but I knew inside she was saying, “It’s not my birthday.” We ordered drinks, DH and I of the alcohol variety. We all ordered the Lobster soup and I started snapping food pics but by the time I got to the rolls DD already snatched a piece. Do you know (and I know some of you do), how hard it is to say, “Don’t touch that until I take a picture?”

Blue Glowtini
CIMG2278.jpg

Coral Rita
CIMG2279.jpg

Rolls - 1
CIMG2269.jpg

Lobster Soup
CIMG2276.jpg

So as we were enjoying our soup, I spied a diver in the tank, swimming over the reef and heading our way. He stopped in front of our table and held up a sign wishing DD a happy birthday. He really got into it, grabbing a handfuls of shells and tossing them over his head like confetti. It was a fun experience.

Coral Reef Diver
CIMG2285e.jpg

DD’s Menu
CIMG2271.jpg

Diver Video

DD was floored and I don’t remember hearing that dreaded phrase again. Everyone applauded at seeing the diver and shortly after our entrees arrived. DH and I had the NY Strip while DD tried Mahi-Mahi for the first time. All of our entrees were fabulous and we sampled a bit of each others. The Strips were cooked to perfection and the fish was tender and moist. After our CM cleared the table she returned with my next surprise, a 6 inch chocolate cake with chocolate butter crème. It was moist and yummy and was decorated with big, fresh juicy strawberries and some Happy Birthday banners. This was more than enough for three and we left half of it behind, sorry to say.

NY Strip
CIMG2284.jpg

Mahi-Mahi
CIMG2283.jpg

Birthday Cake
CIMG2287.jpg

CIMG2289.jpg

To be continued…..
A Birthday surprise…more of Fay…and pearls

first: didn't the swan resort smell SO GOOD?! I kept breathing in a lot in the lobby.

2nd: That cake looks DELICIOUS!:love:

Friday ~ August 22<SUP>nd</SUP> Our 1<SUP>st</SUP> Day at Disney ~ part 2

After lunch we were off to Soarin’, if maybe nothing else. We attempted to ride Fast Track but it had a 70 minute wait. Not so fast after all. One thing my DH really hates is lines but I thought he’d at least want to pick up another FastPass, but no, he wanted to go to World Showcase. So that’s where we went if for nothing more than window shopping and touring some countries before we decided to return around 5pm to check on our room.

Canada
CIMG2297.jpg

United Kingdom
CIMG2300.jpg

France
CIMG2301.jpg

Morocco
CIMG2304.jpg

Japan
CIMG2305.jpg

CIMG2306.jpg

We needed our room keys for Epcot EMH and had an ADR for Les Chefs at 7:10, so back we went to find out they had upgraded us to a corner room with a balcony overlooking the pool.

Our room
CIMG2328.jpg

CIMG2329.jpg

View of the Dolphin through window
CIMG2654.jpg

Our luggage arrived swiftly so we left for our dinner under quiet skies. Yeah! But my joy was short-lived because as we arrived at the International Gateway and got off the boat, the sky once again opened up. We stood under the cover of the boat ramp and looked at each other. It was 7:15 and we were running late. The rain lightened briefly and we made a mad dash to the gift shop, bought ponchos and fast walked to Les Chefs. By now we were 15 minutes late but the nice CM was wonderful and told us we would be seated soon, all the while turning away the walk-ups in droves. They were booked solid for the evening.

Les Chefs de France
CIMG2302.jpg

After we were seated our CM Yoann took our orders and came back to chat. He was a delightful young man who told us about where he lived in France and how much he loved America. The flatbread was so good and all three of us ordered the duck. “This is so easy,” Yoann stated. After our meal which we all raved about except DD who refused to eat her green beans, Yoann returned with menus and said. “Pick your desserts.” So we did. It was raining hard with thunder and lightning. We weren’t in a hurry. All of a sudden I could hear voices in the distance and saw Yoann with several other CM’s bringing our desserts and singing Happy Birthday in French, a candle in DD and mines. It was a wonderful surprise and yes we were wearing our B-day buttons. DD had the apple crepe, DH the assortment of sorbets and I had the chocolate mousse. We blew out the candles and Yoann took pictures of us and had another CM take one with him. This was such a memorable meal, I guess because it wasn’t planned.

Roll & Butter
CIMG2349.jpg

Flatbread
CIMG2348.jpg

Duck
CIMG2350.jpg

Assortment of Sorbets
CIMG2359.jpg

Apple Crepe
CIMG2357.jpg

Chocolate Mousse
CIMG2358.jpg

My Happy Family with Yoann
CIMG2360.jpg

By the time dinner was over so was Illuminations. Epcot was nearly a ghost town despite EMH. We stopped in some shops on our way our, DH insisting that I get a pearl in Japan. Earlier the counter was mobbed, but now it was around 10pm, so to please DH I picked an oyster and got a lovely pinkish/goldish 7mm pearl which I had placed into a Sterling silver crescent moon pendant. This is a fun thing to do as they make quite a deal over it. The Japanese CM made note of my birthday and placed my pearl into a special birthday bag. (okay she drew on it), then we finished our visit of World Showcase and headed for the friendship boat just in time to leave.
Pick a Pearl Video

Italy
CIMG2364.jpg

Germany
CIMG2368.jpg

Thought this was pretty. Check out the price.:eek:
CIMG2370.jpg

China
CIMG2316.jpg

Next Animal Kingdom....more of Fay and why one earth would someone get out of their seat in the middle of Everest???

Next Animal Kingdom....more of Fay and why one earth would someone get out of their seat in the middle of Everest???

I am really enjoying your trip report, and I can't wait for the Animal Kingdom part. We have never been to AK, but will be going in December.

Thought this was pretty. Check out the price.:eek:
CIMG2370.jpg

I love it. Think I will buy one of those on my next trip!:lmao:

I love your shirt. I have one too. Have had it for years. My sister liked mine so much when she finally joined me she bought herself one.

That meal at Le Chefs looked wonderful and it is a place I have never even considered eating. Looks like we are going to have to try it out.

If I were to win the lottery or become a rich celeb, I would so buy that castle.
It is beautiful.:thumbsup2

I am really enjoying your trip report, and I can't wait for the Animal Kingdom part. We have never been to AK, but will be going in December.
Thanks for reading GinaBean. AK coming up soon. Need to upload some more photos.:goodvibes
I love it. Think I will buy one of those on my next trip!:lmao:
Me also. Maybe 2 for bookends.:rotfl2:
I love your shirt. I have one too. Have had it for years. My sister liked mine so much when she finally joined me she bought herself one.
Thanks. My DH insisted that I got it. Back in 06 could of been 04.:goodvibes
That meal at Le Chefs looked wonderful and it is a place I have never even considered eating. Looks like we are going to have to try it out.
We really enjoyed the food here. It was our first time at Chefs and until then I've never had duck. As DH said, "Magnifique." (sp?):thumbsup2

Swan Fountain
CIMG2408.jpg

Really nice picture

We checked in at the podium about 20 minutes early and if you have the personalized menu’s, you can see the CM discreetly reach into a little file and retrieve them. We followed the CM inside and to our surprise we were led past the back row , past the middle and right to the front by the tank. At this point, I thought yeah now how am I going to get DD to sit on the inside so I can get pics of her and the diver? DD insisted on sitting on the outside and I didn’t want to spoil the surprise.

Me and DD opened our personalized birthday menu and she smiled but I knew inside she was saying, “It’s not my birthday.” We ordered drinks, DH and I of the alcohol variety. We all ordered the Lobster soup and I started snapping food pics but by the time I got to the rolls DD already snatched a piece. Do you know (and I know some of you do), how hard it is to say, “Don’t touch that until I take a picture?”

Blue Glowtini

I wonder if this is the same drink I had at Narcoossees?

So as we were enjoying our soup, I spied a diver in the tank, swimming over the reef and heading our way. He stopped in front of our table and held up a sign wishing DD a happy birthday. He really got into it, grabbing a handfuls of shells and tossing them over his head like confetti. It was a fun experience.

Coral Reef Diver
DD’s Menu

Wow the menu is really fun!!

CIMG2271.jpg

Diver Video

DD was floored and I don’t remember hearing that dreaded phrase again. Everyone applauded at seeing the diver and shortly after our entrees arrived. DH and I had the NY Strip while DD tried Mahi-Mahi for the first time. All of our entrees were fabulous and we sampled a bit of each others. The Strips were cooked to perfection and the fish was tender and moist. After our CM cleared the table she returned with my next surprise, a 6 inch chocolate cake with chocolate butter crème. It was moist and yummy and was decorated with big, fresh juicy strawberries and some Happy Birthday banners. This was more than enough for three and we left half of it behind, sorry to say.

NY Strip
CIMG2284.jpg

Mahi-Mahi
CIMG2283.jpg

Birthday Cake
CIMG2287.jpg

CIMG2289.jpg

To be continued…..
A Birthday surprise…more of Fay…and pearls[/QUOTE]

Now I am really sorry I didn't keep my Coral Reef reservation. Great pictures and descriptions.

You did an excellent job on your trippy! I love all the pics and I learned of some new things we can do which i didn't know about. Like the coins, the boys would love that! Do you remember how much it cost and where it is? Don't think I have ever seen it on any other TR. Also loved the scooby picture, that was just great! Thanks for sharing your trip with all of us!

You did an excellent job on your trippy! I love all the pics and I learned of some new things we can do which i didn't know about. Like the coins, the boys would love that! Do you remember how much it cost and where it is? Don't think I have ever seen it on any other TR. Also loved the scooby picture, that was just great! Thanks for sharing your trip with all of us!
Thanks for reading pixeegrl. Glad you like the pic's. You can find the coins in the Lost Continent. It's called The Master Coinminter and is located right beside the Sinbad theater. The cost depends of the metal. Bronze was around $20 and silver $60. I beleive there is a layered 24kt gold, but I don't recall the price. You pick two designs and they are "smashed" into the metal. There are many designs to choose from including initials and zodiac signs. If you like I could scan the sheet I got with the designs and try to post it, or you could pm me with your e-mail and I'll send it to you. The Scooby pic was fun. Last time we did Dr Suess w/thing 1 and thing2.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter