• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Downgrading from Premier to Regular Visa

LISmama810

Mouseketeer
We had the regular Disney Visa for a while, then upgraded to the Premier many years ago. Now we're thinking about getting a different rewards card for our primary, but I'd like to keep the Disney Visa for the benefits. Has anyone dropped down to the regular card after upgrading? Is that something they can just do, or do I need to close the card and reapply?

You should be able to drop down...it may require a year of having the premier first though.

I did this a year or so ago, all through the message center in the online banking. I was even close to my annual due date, that posted during transition, and they removed it a day or so later. Was super easy. No pressure, just a little "are you sure" on the initial reply, then upon confirming, they switched.

I did not have to close, kept the same account number but needed to get a new card because I had that premier only red mickey sorcerer card.

I did have the premier for more than one year.

Great, thanks! We've had the Premier for...probably five years now? So that shouldn't be a problem. We have a trip planned in October so I might stick with it until then--not sure.

We just upgraded because I knew we had some huge purchases and wanted the 2%. I asked about exactly what you are asking and I was old there is no problem BUT I would lose my rewards. Now knowing this I would suggest taking your rewards and getting a disney gift card or something like that so you don't lose the rewards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter