Downs Syndrome Child at Disneyland

LucyKate

<font color=deeppink>Australian Princesses<br><fon
An Australian aquaintance of mine on another travel forum has just asked me the following question:

"Would like your thoughts on a trip my son Trent (20yo with Downs) may be a part of later in the year. His day placement is heading to America in November for 3 weeks. As part of the trip was homestay and he is non-verbal we decided against him going. They have offered to have him the first week being LA - Disneyland, Universal Studios, Hollywood etc. Keeping in mind Trent's understanding of the word 'holiday' means Queensland, Movieworld, Deamworld and the scariest rides.

"The dilema being, we are heading to Japan to visit his sister and possibly England to see his brother again. Whereas I am happy to start our trip via LA to pick him up, just not sure that the week in LA is worth the extra expense, considering we will be going to Disneyland and Universal Studios in Japan.
His level of interest in most things would be around the 12-14 year age group, and would be travelling in a group of 12 young adults with 3-4 carers.

Any thoughts you have on how exciting and visual LA would be for him, would be greatly appreciated.

I know one poster here takes her Downs Syndrome son to DL regularly, but any suggestions or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

We took my friends brother to DL and CA and he loved it. He is 35 with Downs. He even won the Hula Hoop Contest at CA! I don't know if Hollywood would hold his interest. He is only interested in certain things. Loves the Beatles and Dukes of Hazzard!

Thanks Piglet.

Just giving this a bump - any assistance I can give this lady would be very much appreciated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter