• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Downsize or Not

tigergrad

DIS Veteran
We have a grand villa reserved for 5 nights April 13-18 for a family vacation. Originally there were 9 us going- 6 adults and 3 children (although 2 of these are teenagers 17 & 15). We saved our points and even added 23 One Time Use Points for the reservation. The reservation takes 405 points. We have no more points until April of 2015. Recently one of my daughters found out she can not get off work so she and her husband will not be going on this trip. So that leaves me, DH, DD, DSiL, DGS (4), DS & DS's GF. A treehouse villa is available for the same dates. It is 325 points. We have to decide before Friday( 30 days prior to arrival). I need your opinions. We've never stayed at either resort. We have a car.

Do you have 4 adults, 2 teens and 1 child? Iwould keep the OKW's GV if that's the case.

We have a grand villa reserved for 5 nights April 13-18 for a family vacation. Originally there were 9 us going- 6 adults and 3 children (although 2 of these are teenagers 17 & 15). We saved our points and even added 23 One Time Use Points for the reservation. The reservation takes 405 points. We have no more points until April of 2015. Recently one of my daughters found out she can not get off work so she and her husband will not be going on this trip. So that leaves me, DH, DD, DSiL, DGS (4), DS & DS's GF. A treehouse villa is available for the same dates. It is 325 points. We have to decide before Friday( 30 days prior to arrival). I need your opinions. We've never stayed at either resort. We have a car.

You need to do this by 31 days out or your left over points go into holding. And you can't bank them (if they are current year points).

There isn't a king sized bed in the treehouse villa. Two of the bedrooms have a single queen sized bed. The third bedroom has a set of bunk beds. The living room has a twin sized sleeper chair and a queen sized sleeper sofa.

Keep the OKW GV. GF can go in the bedroom with the two double beds. Son can sleep in the living room. Daughter and SIL and GS can go in the larger of the two upstairs bedrooms (two queen beds).

I too would keep the GV. No one really wants to sleep in bunkbeds, unless they are under 12. :)

I would take the treehouse if you like the treehouse and want to spend your vacation there-- and you would want to have the 80 points available for another trip before april 2015. The space is plenty for your family. If you would not take another trip and your group is looking forward to the okw gv then keep it. Do make sure your points are all bankable in case you dont get to make another trip.

Thanks for all your replies. We've decided to keep the OKW GV. Can't pass up on all those bathrooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter