Downtown Dis Hilton

We stayed there one night last year in sept before checking into WL and I loved it. Not as much as WL of course. I won a bid on Priceline and think I paid $55 a night so the price was really nice, but the beds are really comfortable and that is a deal breaker for me. I had booked ASSp for our for our sept trip this year for the 12-18, however knowing that I will not be able to stand waiting until friday morning to go to Disney. I bid on priceline and won the Hilton on WDW again for $60 for thurs night so I can go to Disney right after work.:cool1:

great place to stay. Closest hotel to DTD and has two large pools, great whirlpool outdoors, etc.

Usually my preferred location...but not cheap.

we've stayed there several times (at least 30 nights over the years) and have never been disappointed.

They're also the only DTD hotel that gives guests access to Extra Magic Hours.

agnes!

We stayed there one night last year in sept before checking into WL and I loved it. Not as much as WL of course. I won a bid on Priceline and think I paid $55 a night so the price was really nice, but the beds are really comfortable and that is a deal breaker for me. I had booked ASSp for our for our sept trip this year for the 12-18, however knowing that I will not be able to stand waiting until friday morning to go to Disney. I bid on priceline and won the Hilton on WDW again for $60 for thurs night so I can go to Disney right after work.:cool1:

Accomodation is the most important thing to decide before we leave to disney later this year. This thread is making it very helpful and easy for us to find a place which is comfortable for us.

Has anyone stayed here recently? We are thinking of staying here in May. Also, is it warm enough to swim and go to the water parks then?

My family and I stayed at the Hilton during the past 3 xmas school breaks.
IMHO, Hilton is the best hotel at DTD.Here's why; Nice,spacious rooms,
across the street from DTD (ample dining options) , extra magic hrs. ,
excellent service ( good gym,pools,game room &bus service to parks)

Only drawback is no DDP.

Has anyone stayed here recently? We are thinking of staying here in May. Also, is it warm enough to swim and go to the water parks then?

We stayed there marathon weekend - Jan 9-12, 2009 and it was a warm weekend. I would say highs in the mid 70's? The pool must have been 90 degrees. It was great! Like swimming in bathwater, which I love. Also went to the water parks in May 2007 and it was definitely warm enough then. Have a great trip!

Be careful with Hilton brand hotels.. If the screw something up, they will NOT fix it nor help you in any way. Check the web for reviews and BBB ratings.. They have an "F" rating! I speak from experience!

Edit: After 6 days, 3 of them with no answer from Hilton, they finally contacted me when one of the brand managers saw a bad review my wife blogged. We have already booked a stay elsewhere. They wanted to put us up in another hotel farther away at the same rate. The funny thing is, the rate at that hotel was cheaper than the original. Ha Ha.. At least they are trying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter