Downtown Disney after Fantasmic

TLHB70

DIS Veteran
I read from some kind fellow Dis members that I can make PS at Downtown Disney on my own (not through Disney). I do plan to call today and make those PS reservations. I wanted to write and ask your opinions before I do. What time do you think I should request because we plan to go AFTER Fantasmic at MGM? How long will it take us to get out of Fantasmic, onto the bus, and to RainForest Cafe? I would like suggestions for PS time, please.
:smooth: :smooth: :smooth:

I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you but I'm bumping this up so hopefully some of the experts will come along to help:)

Thanks! I keep checking, hoping for an answer. I will give it another day or two and then I will call. I hope that someone can help with a suggestion or idea of what time they have made it to Downtown Disney after Fantasmic.

Ok, do you have own transport or using Disney transport? This would help me answer. Also, what time is Fantasmic when you are there?
Claire

Thanks, fizz13.
We will use the Disney transportation (bus) to get from MGM to Downtown Disney.
Fantasmic is 7 PM that night.

Thanks!

You will get out of Fantasmic at 7:30, I always plan an hour to and hour and a half for Disney Transportion and getting to a reservation 15 or so minutes early. Just by the time you walk to the bus, "maybe" wait, driving time and then getting to the restaurant. Get off at the "Market Place" bus stop and you're right there. There are bus stops for West Side, Pleasure Island and Market Place. To be on the safe side, I'd make the reservation for somewhere between 8:30 and 9:00.

Well first off, there are no busses between any park and DTD. You will need to walk to the BWI or take the boat to the S/D and catch a bus there.

There are now only two stops at DTD, Marketplace and PI. The West side stop has been closed for 2-3 years. You will get off at hte Marketplace (first stop).

It will easily take an hour and maybe more if the timing for the bus is wrong.

Fastest is to take a cab from MGM. Proably cost about $12.

Ed

Thank you so much!

I thought the bus would take us to DTD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't know that there was no bus from MGM to DTD. Oh no. I guess we will have to re-think this idea.
:confused:

We have never caught cabs at any of the parks because we have always used Disney transportation. Where do we do that? Do cabs hang out at park gates? Will we have to call one from the park?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter